🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I cancel a contract for an inactive cl...
Page options
ianmalvas
Community Member

Should I cancel a contract for an inactive client?

I have great client for 2 months now but unfortunately due to personal reasons, my client can't provide something for me to work on for almost 2 weeks now. Our last discussion is we will continue to work once he is done with his personal issue which is totally fine for me.

As much as I don't like to end the contract, I'm worried that this may affect my JSS and is probably the reason why I can't have the "Rising Talent" badge.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your message. Active contracts are not included in your JSS calculation. I suggest you reach out to your client to discuss ending the contract and leave feedback for you. If the client remains unresponsive to your message, you have the option to end the contract from your end.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sullivanliz
Community Member

If it's likely that you'll start working with the client again soon I'd leave the contract open. It won't affect your JSS when you get one and it has nothing to do with Rising Talent.

If you really want to close the contract (when you're new it is a good idea to get closed contracts with feedback under your belt) ask the client to do it. If you do it yourself it's probable you won't get any feedback, and getting feedback is the only reason it might make sense to close this contract. Don't hassle the client about it though as that will likely annoy them.

But like I said before, I'd give the client more time to give you more work - you aren't losing anything or causing any damage to your profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members