🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Michael,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay.

Thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there

As per my post, the testimonials have sitting there as 'pending' for three weeks (i.e. way more than 10 days). 

Hi Michael, 

I have forwarded this to the team for their review. If you don't see the testimonial in your profile after 24-hours, you can come back here, and we'll assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
09a3a9a4
Community Member

Morning

Last week i reported that one of my client is failing to open a link to provide me a testimonial on the work that i have done for her, can you please assist. Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aubrey,

I would be more than happy to help! 

Based on the attachment, I see that the client is unable to open the link, but the link should be accessible. Could you please let me know why they are unable to open the link? Is the button even linked? Is the button not showing properly for the client, the same as for you? Could you please let me know the email client you are using?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
09a3a9a4
Community Member

Afternoon

KIndly note that my client fialed to open a link to provide me a testimonial as per attachment, please assist in fixing this

Hi Aubrey,

Could you please share a screenshot from the client with me so that I can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Here is a screenshot attached, the button to submit is grayedout

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aubrey,

The button will become active once the testimonial itself is added to the textarea as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have sent the attachment, any progress

Hi Aubrey,

I already replied that the text for the testimonial needs to be added so that the button can become active. Were you referring to that or something else?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander

Yes, the text for the testimonial was added but the button did not become active that is were the problem is, is it possible if i can send you the email with the link from the client so that you can see what i am talking about

Hi Aubrey,

I already checked the link and couldn't replicate the issue. After typing some text in the textarea, the button becomes active. If your client is doing everything right, but the button is not becoming active, could you please ask them to try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the issue persists, please ask the client to send you a screenshot of the form with a disabled button and added text for the testimonial and share it here with us?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

So does it mean that there are no issues, and that my testimonial is going to reflect

natalyalogo
Community Member

Hello! I'm relatively new to Upwork and I'm building my profile now. I've also upgraded my membership to Freelancer Plus and passed Upwork Readyness test. I'd like to request testimonials from my customers (not from Upwork) but they don't have linkedin accounts. How can I use other social media accounts, instagram for example, for testimonial requests?

Hi Natalia,

Welcome to Upwork! To request a testimonial, your clients need to have a LinkedIn profile.

As you are new here, I suggest that you take a look at this Community thread to help you get started along with the Freelancing Resources board in which you'll find plenty of articles to help you with writing proposals, negotiating with clients, setting your rates, enhancing your profile, and so on. You can also check Upwork's Events & Webinars page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jenores
Community Member

Can I request a testimonial from a colleague who is no longer working in the company that we both worked for?

Hi Jennifer,

The testimonials section is intended to reflect your experience with clients outside of Upwork.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mary_edit
Community Member

Can someone help me understand why my client's testimonial was not approved? She has a LinkedIn account (that I submitted when sending the request). 

Hi Mary,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar,

Thank you for replying. However, this is the same information I received in the email when I was notified. The client has the required LinkedIn account, and she is literally next door to my office as part of our teaching faculty. Will you please be more specific with "sufficient information" as this seems relative? Thank you for any information! 

Kindest,

Mary

Hi Mary,

We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process.

Thanks for your understanding.

~Andrea
Upwork

We don't understand. This doesn't make sense.
7d49ee94
Community Member

I have a similar issue, but I asked my client to update their linkedin profile to improve their contact information. But I can't send another request to their same email address (it says  "It looks like you've already sent this person a request"). Is there a way to make a new request to the same email address? Because not everyone uses multiple email addresses. Thank you.

Hi Thomas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

This has just happened to me also and I don't undertand what they mean by sufficient contact information as I provided ALL contact information including Linkedin profile link and email address. This client gave me raving reviews but now I cant use it and I don't understand why? I'm new to Upwork and this is very frustrating. 

This has just happened to me also and I don't undertand what you mean by sufficient contact information.

I provided ALL contact information including Linkedin profile link and email address.

This client gave me an amazing review but now I cant use it and I don't understand why?

I'm new to Upwork and this is very frustrating. Could you guys fix this? Or what do I need to do to fix this? I tried sending another request to the same client but I can't do that either. 

gonscla
Community Member

I requested a testimonial from a client that has a pretty neat Linkedin profile and after 3 days I received this message "To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. Thank you for your understanding. You can try requesting another testimonial from a different client."

What else do you need as evidence?

Hi Gonzalo,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

~Andrea
Upwork
gonscla
Community Member

Good.

So the section should say "Request testimonials ONLY from clients we have absolute and total information" so to avoid wasting people's time.

Another thing: "Thank you for your understanding. You can try requesting another testimonial from a different client" - What kind of answer is that? Makes no sense!

- I want a beer, please.

- You can try requesting a donut.

evomorf
Community Member

I have asked my past client for a testimonial and he has submitted it but it doesnt appear on my profile. While sending a request i have also added his linkedin profile. Neither did i get any notification on whether its approved or rejected. It still says waiting for client to respond

Hi Amanjeet,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
PradeepH

Hello Anamul,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
dario_valente
Community Member

Hi there,

I did some work for a friend then requested a testimonial. He wrote a silly response and was planning to send the correct version when he was less busy; unfortunately it has sent and is now pending. Can that be disregarded so I can send another one?

Thanks,

Dario

Hi Dario,

It looks like you have two pending testimonials at the moment. Could you please confirm which one you're referring to?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mdariful_islambd
Community Member

Hi Dear Community,

I have requested a Testimonial from my Upwork profile to my 3 different clients but they didn't receive any message or Instructions from Upwork to their email account (Privately I had asked them, they said no). Can anyone suggest to me what can I do now?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Ariful,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email addresses you have sent these requests to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kcpajimna
Community Member

I have a client testimonial request last Sept 2020 from a legit client I have. But it was not approved. I saw from Upwork Community that one of them also experienced the same and reached out to Upwork and got approved already. This is a very legit client and I hope it could be approved as well.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Was the client's Linkedin provided with the testimonial to verify their identity and the fact that you work with them?

If so is it clear from their Linkedin profile that you work for their company?

I think they just check the Linkedin profile and then try to match that company to you. If there is no evidence it most likely gets rejected. They won't tell you exactly why it was rejected to avoid revealing too much on how they verify those to prevent people from gaming the system. 

I just provided the linkedin profile of my client. We dont have any
connections there cos she is not active in LinkedIn anymore. Do you mind if
you share how they check my legitimacy besides that? We all know clients
get busy sometimes and not all are active in Linkedin.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members