🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

It's probably for the best. Even if your client had a LinkedIn profile, Upwork would probably flag the testimonial as illegitimate, wasting the time your client spent writing it.
samueltfio
Community Member

Hi,

When I copy the link to the LinkedIn page and paste it in the Request a client testimonial, I get an "Invalid LinkedIn profile". But the URL is right. I have tried with HTTPS and without it but the bug still persists.

Hi Samuel,

Could you please confirm if the link you're trying to enter suits one of these formats:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

It is https://www.linkedin.com/company/CLIENTNAME 

I'm sure it is not working because I am missing the /in/

Hello Goran,

I included the /in/and it worked. Thanks.

_sandy_tech_
Community Member

I have sent a request to my client with whom I have worked recently. But, my client is saying he didn't receive any email. I cannot resend not I can delete previous request and re-send again. I am stuck. Please help me out.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Sandeep,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you've sent this testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
soplaris
Community Member

I received an email from upwork support that my client's testimonial was refused, although being e perfectly genuine one. How do I appeal against this decision?

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your question. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well first you should detail why my testimonial is not trustworthy, and as this was one of the few jobs I've got so far in my incipient freelancing career I don't have many clients I can ask. Especially, if I don't understand how a testimonial is deemed to be or not to be trustworthy. I provided work email with company DNS, LinkedIn account etc. Still got refused.
33bcb816
Community Member

Dear Comunity!

Pl help to guide me to post one testimonial for outside upwork in my profile. The problem is when i fill all the details of my client the tab of "Request Testimonial" is not activated to click.

Why this is not enabled. (SNAPSHOT ATTACHED)

Thanks

Aditya

Hello Aditya,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to request a Testimonial on your Upwork profile. I checked and I'm unable to replicate the same issue at our end. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser to check if the problem persists. Please make sure to fill in all information on the page including the LinkedIn profile link of the client. Feel free to message if you have further questions.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Dear Pradeep
Thanks for such a quick response.
As you advised tried both of the steps by deleting cookies and also by changing browser but the issue still remains as such.

Also there is no linked profile of the old client which can I add, rest that form I filled with all complete details.

Pl guide or give some support online if possible.
Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aditya,

I checked the previous screenshot you've shared and you've not completed the field for a LinkedIn profile of your client, please note that that field is required to be completed and you won't be able to submit a testimonial request without it.

Thank you!  

~ Bojan
Upwork
33bcb816
Community Member

Dear

Pl check this again. 

Attached here is the filled details but same issue persists. Linked in profile is not activated of the client so couldnt fill it.

Attached snapshot.

Hi Aditya,

I would just like to confirm, do you mean that your client doesn't have an active LinkedIn profile? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
33bcb816
Community Member

Yes.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that clients are required to have a LinkedIn account for their testimonials to get approved. All fields need to be populated in order for a request to be submitted.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Another day, another rejected Upwork testimonial. Still waiting on my third client; let's see if it ends up being 3 for 3.

Really not understanding complete lack of transparency as to why a testimonial got rejected.

Hi Jessica,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. 

Please know that we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

~ Nikola
Upwork

"Please know that we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials."

Nikola, I don't believe this is the case at all, since you guys don't do any follow up: you don't ask the person any questions about the completed job, you don't request any verification at all. What, exactly, is insufficient about a testimonial that was sent to a corporate email address and responded to from that person's work computer in an entirely different country from mine? Email: valid. LinkedIn: valid: IP address: valid. Testimonial: you better believe it was rejected.

Upwork makes it relatively easy for scammers to use the platform, but God forbid you ask someone to take five minutes out of their day to recommend you: then they're cracking down. No one knows what they're cracking down on, but the forum moderators will be at the ready with a copy-paste answer that does nothing to address the issue.

Like I said, I'm fully expecting to go 3 for 3 on rejected testimonials; it's shocking to me that you don't consider that to be a high rate and a sign that maybe something is off with your tools and system.

Thanks for such a quick response.

As you advised tried both of the steps by deleting cookies and also by changing browser but the issue still remains as such.

Also there is no linked profile of the old client which can I add, rest that form I filled with all complete details.

Pl guide or give some support online if possible.

Thanks

Aditya

seagraph
Community Member

I am new to UpWork and decided to send out Testimonial Requests. Unfortunatle I did not realize that I couldn't use familiy menmbers and 2 of the pending requests are from family mebers that worked at other conpanies. I would like to cancel these requests and instead send the requests to their managers. Is there a way to cancel the 2 pending requests?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carl, 

A member of the team has already reached out to you to assist you further with your concern. You may access your ticket through the link I have included above or through the email address associated with your Upwork account. Please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you need further help regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
seagraph
Community Member

I did get an email requesting some more information. I replied with the
info requested. I will check back tomorrow tomorrow to see if he/she needs
anything else. If there is anything else I need to do please let me know.
Strangely I searched the community site and couldn't find the original
message and response.
Best
Carl
tanqianying
Community Member

Hi, 

I've recently requested a testimonial from my non-upwork client. I've provided upwork with the client's name, linkedin profile and email. However, the testimonial was still not approved by upwork as they state that they do not have sufficient evidence that the contact information is vaild. Please assist what other information is needed for the verification, as I've already provided all information as required by upwork. 

Thank you. 

redoun-ullah
Community Member

Hi Community!

I have tried to add a testimonial of a client for whom I worked inside Upwork (both regular contract and direct contract). But Upwork rejected to verify the testimonial saying there was a lack of information. I can provide whatever information required. Just let me know a way to get the testimonials verified. My client wants to try again too.

Best
Redoun

Hi Redoun,

The Work History section of your profile reflects your experience with Upwork clients and the Testimonials section is intended to reflect your experience with clients outside of Upwork. That said, we are allowing testimonials from Upwork clients at this time.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c424893a
Community Member

Hi, 

I've recently requested a testimonial from my non-upwork client. I've provided upwork with the client's name, linkedin profile and email. However, i received an email stating the testimonial was rejected. The preson I have asked is very real and is a representative of my non-upwork customer. What can be done in this case?

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your question. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is an answer I got in the notification email. I understand that it's a
standard answer, but the client of mine is a real person with a Linked in
account and I would like to understand what needs to be done in order for
the testimonial to be accepted. I don't have many clients to put a
testimonial for me at thai stage and having such a thing on my account will
help me find new customers.

Please help.

Thanks
Boris
electrocoder
Community Member

I requested my Non_Upwork Client to leave a testimonial on my Upwork Profile. Everthing went well but I received email saying that the testimonial is not approved. It was a genuine Testimonial from a genuine Client. What could be the possible reasons?

**Edited for community guidelines**

mileshowell
Community Member

Hello,

I recently created a profile and I am trying to flesh it out with testimonials from a few of my past non-Upwork clients. Unfortunately, one of my most important clients' testimonials was not approved, even though I provided his email and LinkedIn profile as required.

In the email from Upwork denying the request, it says "...you can try requesting another testimonial from a different client." This is not an acceptable solution. I need this client's testimonial on my profile, because the work we did together was very significant compared to many of my other clients. I would like to know what I can do to re-submit a request that will be approved.

Just checked my email this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find a new message saying the request is now approved! Thank you Upwork gods 🙂

abdulge12
Community Member

Hi Upwork Family.

I want to a question about that testimonial. I have been working as a freelancer on fiverr. I am a new freelancer on upwork right now. I read well about Upwork platform and joined on it.  But I sent the request for testimonials It is not a client on upwork Rather, he is outside Upwork. This client has approved my request But I can't see testimonial request approved on my profile.

Can you check my profile and tell me why it is not showing?
I look forward to hearing from you..

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bowen-fiona
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to get started, and already have a great testimonial from an established, non-upwork business client.

However, even after they were kind enough to provide me with a 2nd email address after the first request did not reach them, they have still not received either of my testimonial requests. I don't know if it is because of the Linkedin profile ID, as I had trouble on both occasions trying to input the URL.

This testimonial is important to have on my profile as a new starter. Could someone please advise?

many thanks 

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the emails of your client? Could you also confirm if you have received any errors when you submitted your testimonial? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, thank you so much for your quick response. I can confirrm I received no notifications of errors when these testimonial requests were submitted. My client's emails are:  **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

many thanks,

kind regards,

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Our team will resend your testimonial request as soon as possible. Don't forget to remind your clients to check their spam and junk folders as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members