🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hi Sakshi,

Could you please confirm if you`re referring to testimonials or something else? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes I'm referring to testimonials. My colleagues and former employer have
sent in their testimonial more than 12 days ago. Kindly update on my
profile as I am a beginner and it hinders my chance to get any work. Thanks
and regards.

Hi Sakshi,

Due to the high number of requests please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ronitsminhas
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork and need some insights in writing my testimonial. Can you please help me to find out more about this?

Hi Ronit,

We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting testimonials from these clients. Just to clarify, your client will need to write the testimonial from their end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sharon_dev
Community Member

one of my clients (outside the Upwork) wrote a testimonial for me. But still, it does not show up. Still, it shows as "pending", though the client has confirmed that he wrote the review 3 days ago.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharon,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
56664b67
Community Member

I have done jobs for people who are willing to write a testimonial, but these jobs took place before I was on upwork. They have been submitted and show as pending. But when will they show upon my profile?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathan,

Our testimonial feature is currently being tested with select freelancers like you. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cvandepolder
Community Member

Hello: I have testimonials that have been submitted to me days ago but are still not appearing on my profile page. Please help. These are non-Upwork clients. I am new to Upwork. Thanks. 

Hi Claire,

Pease allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ludedat
Community Member

hi, my testimonial request displays "pending". Meanwhile, customer has sent it and I have given mine. Please assist to update. Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bada,

Due to the high number of requests we've received, please allow up to 10 business days for your testimonial to be reviewed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
knetterville
Community Member

I am trying to enter in my client's URL link so that I can send out a testimonial request, but Upwork is not accepting the URL. How do you enter a link to a client's Linkedin account in order to send out a testimonial request?

Hi Kristan,

It looks like you're adding a link to a company profile on Linkedin. Testimonials can only be requested from the individual's profiles.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abid_hafeez
Community Member

Hi!
Don't know what's wrong this time. I already have my client testimonial on my profile page I worked outside Upwork platform. This time my client has submitted the testimonial request for about 3 days back, but still it is showing pending on my profile. What could be wrong?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abid,

Thanks for reaching out to us. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hossain-md_amjad
Community Member

This is regarding testimonials from my former client. I have requested for testimonials from my clients who were satisfied with my work. unfortunately, Upwork said via email that they could not verify it. Well, I can provide evidence anything to prove that the individual was my client and I would like to request Upwork to reverify this matter. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you.

Hi Md Amjad,

Sorry to hear the testimonial you requested wasn’t approved. Testimonials involving non-Upwork clients must be verified through our systems to check the validity of the review. If for any reason we are not able to validate it, unfortunately, we are not able to publish the review. We won’t be able to share the details of our process. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b988ecd5
Community Member

Hi,

Can you tell me how long I should expect to wait before testimonials I've asked clients for and they've provided show up? So far, I have two that were provided 4 days ago and neither has show up. Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anne,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

same question

amiracherif
Community Member

hi, i just received an email that 2 of my clients' testimonials got declined! one of them is a board member in a big company, why did it got declined? i sent the linkedin link and this was one of my biggest clients, i wont be able to get better clients testimonial since my most of my work is based in my agency i cant contact clients.
the other one is a personal logo and also is a great client of mine.

Hi Amira,

Thanks for your question. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork
g_karakitsios
Community Member

Hello i had 3 testimonials that were rejected and i dont know why.

The clients are real and the projects are mine.

Is it a problem if the comments are in Spanish?

This is the reason?

Thank you

Hi Georgios,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran V.

What do you mean sufficient evidence? Do you need something more from them so i can ask them to provide it? I need these testimonials as they are powerfull.

Thank you

If they do not have a LinkedIn account they will be rejected. Illogical as it is that is Upworks present policy.

Hello Kathy M,

They all have LinkedIn, Some of them they dont use it because it's not the nature of their business. 

But one of the linkedIn account is profesor to a University and was not approved. The testimonial was in Spanish and not English.

Thank you

othreetoj
Community Member

Good evening community, 

i am new to upwork , my profile haven't been approved yet, the e_mail said i need at least 5 testomonials to do that,  getting testomonials is no problem, but asking clients to create linkedin is the problem, 

is there an other way to do that, like their phone number? or even facebook profile ? 

i am located in 3rd world country, things like "linkedIn" aren't as common as you think, 

i can do great job once my profile is approved, isn't there an other way ? based on my "work"  ? 

Hi Ilham,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that your profile was already accepted. The email you are referring to is to let you know that the testimonial option exists and that you can use it. Please note that your client needs to have a LinkedIn profile for the testimonial request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
28cc928c
Community Member

I'm trying to request testimonials but can't because my client does not have a linkedin profile. How to request for a testimonial in that case?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umair,

At this time, this feature is only available for users who have a LinkedIn account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

You can’t. UW has a policy that requires LinkedIn account— stupid!
e864dccd
Community Member

I am wanting to get a testimonial from someone who does not use Linked in.  What can I do about this?  

Thanks!

petra_r
Community Member

Annabel M wrote:

I am wanting to get a testimonial from someone who does not use Linked in.  What can I do about this?  

Unfortunately that can't be done.

stevesideas
Community Member

Hi. I sent a testimonial request to a client which he filled out and submitted but for some reason the contact details could not be accepted and his testimonial was rejected. I'm not sure what happened here as everything is correct. Could you help please?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your question. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

I supplied plenty of credentials that all linked back to the client. Can
this please be reconsidered as it is an important client for me and I
cannot re-request another one now because your site will not allow it.
a80ffef7
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm just completing the finishing touches to my Upwork profile, and I realise that on this platform (which is new to me) I need to be seen as credible, as with anywhere new.

I've been with Fiverr more or less continuously for six months now, and I'm a 5 star rated Level One seller. I also have some very good client testimonials from very happy Fiverr clients, and it would be a shame not to be able to use them on my Upwork profile.

From what I've already read here, I'm not allowed any links to Fiverr on my profile here, which is fine by me. Also, I'd prefer not to mention Fiverr at all in my Upwork profile as a matter of personal policy (I've also read the rationale behind this and it is very sound).

Now I gather that the 'Testimonials:Endorsements from past clients' section on my profile (see attached screenshot) is for posting the testimonials from non-Upwork past clients. But when I click on the '+' add icon I get a request form which assumes that these clients have a Linkedin profile and asks for their business email address.

Are these both mandatory? It may well be that they don't have a Linkedin profile, or that they'd prefer not to give out their business email address.

Also I'm just checking to see if it is permitted to show endorsements from Fiverr clients (as opposed to any other platform).

Some of these really are 'rave reviews' and it would be a shame for these to go to waste!

Thanks,

Gordo

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members