cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooooo many "The Aussie Voice" freelancers from all over the world...

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
81 of 121

Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

Our teams are aware and are working on a permanent solution for this issue.

With all due respect Valeria, we are not buying this. Considering how long ago this has been brought to Upwork's attention and considering the flood entering through this breach, which is a critical one, it's hard to believe that Upwork is actually working on anything at all.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
82 of 121

Rene K wrote:

Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

Our teams are aware and are working on a permanent solution for this issue.

With all due respect Valeria, we are not buying this. Considering how long ago this has been brought to Upwork's attention and considering the flood entering through this breach, which is a critical one, it's hard to believe that Upwork is actually working on anything at all.

But Rene ... they are working on things, important things. Like rockets, flames, shading-looking characters for locked-private profiles. Things like that. Important things

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
83 of 121

And I have just reported two new profiles on René's link. 

Upwork needs to establish some sort of partnership with Google. More and more freelancers will set their profiles to private (searchable only  on Upwork). More and more inappropriate profiles will be public on Google. If clients rely on Google, this could result in an arterial bleed for Upwork and for its loyal clients and its established freelancers.  

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
84 of 121

It looks like they're using some updated text lately.

The Aussie Voice

I pride myself on delivering files on time and on budget, plus my voiceover rates are friendly for small businesses and start-ups. You'll get extra fast (usually same day) delivery during Sydney business hours. Use my warm and friendly voice for your:

* radio commercial

* explainer video

* on hold messaging (with music)

* corporate narration

* eLearning project

* TV or YouTube commercials

* whiteboard or animated videos

* radio and TV imaging * podcast intro and outros

* phone greetings

* IVR (interactive voice response)

* VSL - video sales letters * Facebook videos * video game characters * and more!

sue_mcl
Sue M Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
85 of 121

That new text is stolen word for word from my profile (thanks Nichola for alerting me to this!) As an aussie voiceover artist on upwork. I had no idea this was going on until today.

I'm pretty shocked this was brought to upwork's attention in MAY and is still going on now - I know upwork is a big company, but surely an issue like this would have a higher priority than taking MONTHS to sort out?

Surely there has to be a way to address this.

In 2019 there HAS to be some kind of algorithm that can check plagiarism and flags profiles that register with a KNOWN issue (ie the words The Aussie Voice) for new profiles???

cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
86 of 121

What gets me upset is the fact that most of the ones I reported are still on here. Some have been given the opportunity to change their profiles a bit but why should they be allowed to stay since they accessed the site by false pretenses? There should be a video verification PRIOR to allowing anyone on this site. Too many scam artists. The other thing that really is sickening is how they are now saying they are living either in America, Canada, or Europe with a time zone that doesn't even match those areas yet Upwork doesn't seem too bothered. I have flagged some multiple times. Seriously Upwork, what is going on? You say you are trying to handle things by charging for connects yet you are allowing anyone with a pulse on your site. Yeah, yeah, I know that thousands apply every day but only a few are accepted BUT look at the few you ARE accepting.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
87 of 121

Hi Catherine, 

I wanted to check the profiles you reported, so that I can check these myself. If you have the time, please send them to me through a private message. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
88 of 121

Sue M wrote:

That new text is stolen word for word from my profile (thanks Nichola for alerting me to this!) As an aussie voiceover artist on upwork. I had no idea this was going on until today.

I'm pretty shocked this was brought to upwork's attention in MAY and is still going on now - I know upwork is a big company, but surely an issue like this would have a higher priority than taking MONTHS to sort out?

Surely there has to be a way to address this.

In 2019 there HAS to be some kind of algorithm that can check plagiarism and flags profiles that register with a KNOWN issue (ie the words The Aussie Voice) for new profiles???

You may be interested in this thread as well: the stuff I posted was of course edited, but you'll see that many of these people were being "tutored" by this one guy on YouTube.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Sooooo-many-quot-The-Aussie-Voice-quot-freelancers-from-...

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
89 of 121

Hi Renata, and Sue, 

I checked the accounts that have used the profile overview that you have noted, and can confirm that actions have been taken against these accounts.

Please know that we have flagged and followed up on your reports, and have shared this thread with the team for their reference. The team is taking action against these accounts, and we appreciate everyone who takes the time to report these here.

~ Avery
Upwork
reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
90 of 121

Avery O wrote:

Hi Renata, and Sue, 

I checked the accounts that have used the profile overview that you have noted, and can confirm that actions have been taken against these accounts.

Please know that we have flagged and followed up on your reports, and have shared this thread with the team for their reference. The team is taking action against these accounts, and we appreciate everyone who takes the time to report these here.

What's the point? These people will just crawl back in through another loophole. Or maybe the same one that got them in in the first place. 

This fiasco reminds me of the Equifax affair, which happened because their head of security was a music teacher. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS