🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suggestion to Upwork About Feedback
Page options
cjeanne12
Community Member

Suggestion to Upwork About Feedback

Good day Upwork Community,

I'm Jeanne from Germany have been a Freelancer since September Last Year on Upwork. But with my little periods of working on this platform i noticed many Clients on here don't take Feedback serious. And this tool is very much important to freelancers even more than the Clients. It's what get our JSS increased or Decreased.

My suggestion 

I think Upwork should always send Clients a Well Drafted Message to enlighted them what the importance of Feedback is. It's not only useful to Freelancer but it's also important to them. Many of this client don't even know what Feedback or Reviews means. A well drafted email sent by Upwork to the clients in teaching them about how to give feedback after approving a project will go a very long way.

Thanks

Jeanne Callery

1 REPLY 1
melaniekhenson
Community Member

Jeanne C wrote:

Good day Upwork Community,

I'm Jeanne from Germany have been a Freelancer since September Last Year on Upwork. But with my little periods of working on this platform i noticed many Clients on here don't take Feedback serious. And this tool is very much important to freelancers even more than the Clients. It's what get our JSS increased or Decreased.

My suggestion 

I think Upwork should always send Clients a Well Drafted Message to enlighted them what the importance of Feedback is. It's not only useful to Freelancer but it's also important to them. Many of this client don't even know what Feedback or Reviews means. A well drafted email sent by Upwork to the clients in teaching them about how to give feedback after approving a project will go a very long way.

Thanks

Jeanne Callery

Hi, Jeanne. I do think we freelancers take feedback much more to heart than clients do. It's the basis for our bread and butter, after all. But I think there's only so much UW can insist clients do (or read).

Clients just want a job done with minimal hassles and usable results. If I were a client I'd resent being told "how" I should draft my feedback or being schooled on how feedback is important, etc. That might get my back up. If I'm a responsible client, I've already done at least minimal research about that, and if I'm not a responsible client, I'm not going to care.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it would be a great idea. Clients don't want more hoops to jump through, or even "friendly" little reminders.  They want us to do a job for them, and then they want to move forward from there. 🙂

ETA: sorry, not trying to steamroll over your suggestion. I realize it's meant for UW employees.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members