🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended Job
Page options
39dd0b7f
Community Member

Suspended Job

I was just in the middle of finishing up a job that I've been working on for the last six hours - on a saturday - and it just got 'suspended?!' I really have no idea what is going on. Is there any way to contact someone at Upwork directly to ask what happened and when it will be resolved? I'm pretty irritated and the 'Get Support' chat bot is useless. Furthermore, I am completing this job on a tight deadline and it really needs to be done for the client within a few hours.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
masud669
Community Member

Hello Kirsteen,
This is most likely due to an issue with client billing method. Once balance has been cleared from client side, The suspended/paused contracts will be resumed.
Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
masud669
Community Member

Hello Kirsteen,
This is most likely due to an issue with client billing method. Once balance has been cleared from client side, The suspended/paused contracts will be resumed.
Thanks.
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Write a message to your client and tell him/her that Upwork has suspended the job, meaning you are not allowed, under Upwork's rules, to continue to work until that suspension is cleared up. (Yes, Upwork has already notified them, but you can reinforce whatever Upwork has told them with notice that you have stopped working on the project.)

Leave it at that, wait for Upwork to tell you the situation has been resolved and don't get stressed about the client's deadline. It's his/her problem to solve and nothing to do with you.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: “Is there any way to contact someone at Upwork directly to ask what happened and when it will be resolved?”

Don’t try to contact Upwork.

This is about your client’s payment method.

This is not your fault.

There is nothing you can do to fix this.

If you actually talked to someone in Customer Support, they would not tell you anything. They are not going to talk to you about somebody else’s credit card.

re: “I am completing this job on a tight deadline and it really needs to be done for the client within a few hours.”

There is no deadline now. Because the client messed up. Don’t worry about the “deadline.”

tlbp
Community Member

Kirsteen M wrote:

I was just in the middle of finishing up a job that I've been working on for the last six hours - on a saturday - and it just got 'suspended?!' I really have no idea what is going on. Is there any way to contact someone at Upwork directly to ask what happened and when it will be resolved? I'm pretty irritated and the 'Get Support' chat bot is useless. Furthermore, I am completing this job on a tight deadline and it really needs to be done for the client within a few hours.

Having to stop work is frustrating. But, it is better than working 6 more hours and then finding out the client isn't able to pay or has been suspended!

Upwork cannot tell you about the client's private business so you likely won't find out why they were suspended. Be cautious while you wait for resolution. Sometimes scammer will try to convince you to keep working, promising that it is all just a misunderstanding. Hold off until Upwork gives you the all clear. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members