🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suspension because of the low response ra...
Page options
ljuba1
Community Member

Suspension because of the low response rate?

Hi there,

lately, I had a really bad result with my proposals, to be precise I send 19 proposals and get only 1 respond and active candidacy status.

Because I'm planning to continue with sending proposals until I don't get a client, I wanted to check if there is a possibility to become suspended because of this low response rate and high amount of sent proposals?

I read somewhere on the internet that there is a possibility to get a suspension status for using templates in your proposals and getting a low response rate.

I'm not one of those but I have some paragraphs that I'm usually copy-paste on some proposals.

My status now is 18 submitted proposals and 1 active candidacy. Is there any monthly or general limit with those stats? (For example 30 submitted proposal)

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
allergywriter
Community Member

You need to be highly particular about the jobs to which you pitch.

Upwork will most certainly cancel your account if their algorithm thinks you aren't going to make them money. It gets this idea when it sees a freelancer that applies to lots of jobs but doesn't get hired.

So start being picky and spend those connects as if they were money...because they are

data_divas
Community Member

Read this thread where the moderators address this and say accounts are no longer being suspended for sending too many proposals without getting hired:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Account-Suspended-Too-many-bids-without-any-earnings/td-...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members