🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tax information for freelancer in Timor-Leste...
Page options
f3b1ea9f
Community Member

Tax information for freelancer in Timor-Leste and payoner Withdrawal methods not active

Hello!

I'm freelancer from Timor-Leste I have two questions regarding the tax information for freelancer in Timor-Leste and the inactivation of payoneer withdrawal methods .

1. In Timor-Leste we have a different tax contribution. The law just authorize the employees who receive more than $500 salary per month to pay the 10% of Wage Income Tax and for employees receive below that number they don't have obligation to pay the tax. So I think for freelance like me I don't need to provide the TIN  number to the Upwork.com, because when I set my balance for $500.00 monthly or less in my Withdrawal schedule, I will free from Wage Income Tax. You can confirm the rule of tax in Timor-Leste from our tax authority in this link https://attl.gov.tl/wage-income-tax/. .

2.It's been one week since I chose my payoneer Withdrawal methods, but the method still inactive. Any information about that? What should I do ?

Thanks in advance for replays.

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Octaviano,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members