🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
c4840335
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

311 REPLIES 311
9bca5d26
Community Member

Hello,
I am having this same trouble too. I have withdrawn twice before and everything went well. But this time, when I try to get paid, I receive the notification that my payment method has been deactivated because of the mismatched beneficiary name.
Is there a solution for me to work on to get my payment activated?
Many thanks

Hi Van,

Please allow the team time to review. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Than you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Having the same issue, would appreciate your assistance.
Thanks
2b0e1aa6
Community Member

Hi Can I get assistance with this same issue as well 

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hi Diana,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8626c3de
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same message and have been waiting for two weeks to be contacted to get this cleared. Could you help me out?

Thanks a lot,

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
175f016c
Community Member

Hi Avery, I'm having the same issue.

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Can you help?

Hi Hercules,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having the same issue here, any help would be highly appreciated.

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Your beneficiary name should be approved now. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi i get the same notice since i tried to withdraw money yesterday. Please help

Hi Kavindi,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
anniebg
Community Member

Hello Avery, I have the same issue. I did not change anything on my bank account, and did not change anything on UpWork (I updated my home address this morning, but it did not solve the issue). Could you please help?

anniebg
Community Member

Hi Everyone, same issue here. May I ask for some help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anne-Lise,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
anniebg
Community Member

Thanks a ton Bojan!

85a8a02b
Community Member

Hello Avery, I am unable to withdraw my earnings reason being my payment process cannot be completed and Mpesa being disabled. Kindly help me get the cash. Thank you

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your payment method. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
61d19ae3
Community Member

Hi I have a similar problem with the name 

The names on my Paypal account and Upwork are the same also they share same email address and my identity has been verified recently.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ros,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared!

~Andrea
Upwork
c1bbcf31
Community Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to upwork and trying to collect payment. I set up direct deposit with my bank account. When I noticed nothing went in there I checked under "Get Paid" It says that the account names don't match. I can't understand what to do next?? The account should match my name. I haven't been paid and have been waiting for several weeks. Please advise! 

Sarah
Thanks

To be more specific:  "The beneficiary name does not match" and I can't understand why nor do I see an article in the help support area that has anything that clarifies this at all. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah, and Marianne, 

I looked into this further and I can confirm that your account is affected by a bug, and the team is currently working to resolve the issue. In the meantime, the team will manually clear the name mismatch and you should be able to access and withdraw your earnings shortly.

~ Avery
Upwork

Same here,
"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Name is the same as on upwork. First time it happened.

Hi Avery, I'm having the same issue, but need to withdraw funds... is there anyway I can get this resolved, too? Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Our team just updated your payment method and you should be able to withdraw your funds now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
etech254
Community Member

Hey Avery.

same here.

i have the same issue with beneficiary name mismatch,

the thing is, the names on my profile are my correct names (my first and second name) and on my payment method the names used by MPESA are my first name and surname which MPESA uses. (mpesa uses first and surname for their records). kindly assist me on this issue, i cant withdraw funds at the moment.

getsalman
Community Member

Hi Avery,
I'm having the same issue "beneficiary name mismatch". I need to withdraw payments.
Is there anyway I can get this resolved, too? Regards

Hi Zola,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi I just haven't been able to get paid by the following errors

I have used this bank account and have been receiving money for almost a year with this account on Upwork and suddenly I received this error and can't withdraw my funds. The name on the card and the name on my account are the same as well. I check both information and they are quite correct. Can anyone help ?

Hi Minh,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm having the exact same issue. I deleted a new account I had added just to see if that was the problem, even changed my name and now just changed it back to see if that fixed it.

PLEASE HELP I can't withdraw funds with my account! I've been working with upwork for SIX YEARS WITH THE SAME ACCOUNT!!! How can this be happening??

Hi Ramon,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this. I've shared this with the team and can confirm that this has been taken care of. Please, let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8ca76172
Community Member

Hi Avery. I have the same problem. My name on Upwork and Bank Account is same but still I am not able to withdraw my funds because of the mismatch warning. 

Please help.

Hi Ufuk,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

We have the same problem, can you please check it? 

3a94f5ad
Community Member

Hi, seem to be experiencing the same issue. Kindly review and advice

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

It looks like you just added this payment method to your account. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork
3a94f5ad
Community Member

Hi,

No. It's not added as a new payment method. The payment method has been
there all along. I wanted to confirm if it's the same details since I
didn't understand how the names would differ. You can check how else I've
been receiving payments.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members