🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client does not pay the full amount
Page options
matador32
Community Member

The client does not pay the full amount

i worked on a milestone where it said "$50 for every 1000 words" at the beginning. Now I wrote 3280 words and the client normally has to pay $161, but he only paid $50 and he didn't answer me. What do I have to do ?

I can't see the "review" button on the contract page. How can I make a dispute

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Celil A wrote: How can I make a dispute

There is nothing to dispute unless there is more money in escrow. You can't dispute money that isn't in escrow.

In future, if you have a milestone of $50 at a rate of $50 for 1000 words, you write $1000 words and wait until the next milestone has been funded and activated.

moonraker
Community Member

How many words were actually requested? Did you clarify?

"$50 for every 1000 words" Could be taken to mean different things, especially considering not everybody's English is perfect.

It could easilly mean they will pay $50 for every 1,000+ word article you deliver. That they created a milestone worth 1,000 words is a pretty big hint that that's what they meant. You should have checked before writing an article more than 3x as long.

matador32
Community Member

Here's how it went down. I had first worked with another person to whom I had sent an application. I have written with these requirements for the first client 2 articles with more than 3000 words. She paid me for everything in full. After that she sent me a message that she had a colleague who also wants me to write such an order with the same prerequisites. She gave him my profile data and he opened a milestone. I thought he already knew everything about the first client and agreed. Then I wrote an article for him with 3280 words. But he only paid 50 instead of 161

Celil A wrote:  But he only paid 50 instead of 161

Go to the contract.

What does it say about "In Escrow"?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members