🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client's project turned out to be more de...
Page options
7855f1a1
Community Member

The client's project turned out to be more detailed than it was before and he refuses to pay me part

I apologize because the talk seems a bit long, but I want the experts in freelancing to help me please 💛

I am working on a project to develop a game similar to the rise up game for a client. The agreement was that I would do 20 different levels and put the basic things such as advertisements, notifications, control, and the like.
The problem is that the customer at the beginning, the levels were similar to the agreed game, he did the same (not copying the game, but in the same style).

The client does not have a complete vision of what he wants, but he gives me the details of each level, and after completing them, we move to the next level, and so on.

The problem began at some levels, about level 8, he began to create levels that are full of details and contain many different scenarios, all in one level only. As an example of this, he once asked me to create a level in which to make a scenario for numbers from 0 to 9 that are divided and combined in different ways, in addition to that every time the player plays this level, a random number appears from the one that was designed. That is, I almost made 10 different scenarios, all for one level only. For information, this takes a lot of time.

Also, after designing a level, he requests an amendment to it, not to fix mistakes, but rather to delete some of the things he requested and then add others, and this also drains time, and I do not charge for these many amendments.
What I'm saying may be wrong, but I continued working on the project.

The problem is that I live in Turkey, and as a result of the earthquakes that everyone knows about, my work was affected, and I had to stop for 10 days, in addition to that after that I had an eye infection, which did not affect my performance after returning to work for about 10 days, to be honest.

The age of the project is now more than 75 days, i.e. the project has been working for 55 days, excluding the days in which I did not work with my competence.

Now, when I tell him that I want to get part of the money, he tells me after completing the 20 levels, and when I tell him that it is because of the scenarios, he tells me that it is because of your personal problems.

Upwork told me that because the project was not paid during this period, the insurance will be transferred to me and the contract will be closed. Should I tell the employer about this?! And the solution to this is that I am afraid to file a complaint, and the matter will turn against me because I had to stop working as a result of the circumstances I went through.

I want someone to solve this issue because I started to feel that I am consumed, especially since the price of the project is low in relation to what I work with. Also, am I in a position of weakness because I had to stop for a period?!

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members