🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracking
Page options
89b7332b
Community Member

Time tracking

Hi 

I have never used the time tracker before but I need to use it now for a job offer I hope to get after a test. I've downloaded the desktop app and logged into my account but my time tracker window is empty (no contracts) and there's no toggle button. Should I be worried? The massager is working fine with all previous conversations. Please Help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Susan O wrote:

Hi 

I have never used the time tracker before but I need to use it now for a job offer I hope to get after a test. I've downloaded the desktop app and logged into my account but my time tracker window is empty (no contracts) and there's no toggle button. Should I be worried? The massager is working fine with all previous conversations. Please Help!

You can only use it after you have been hired, not when you only have a job offer. If the contract is hourly, it will appear in the tracker. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Susan O wrote:

Hi 

You can only use it after you have been hired, not when you only have a job offer. If the contract is hourly, it will appear in the tracker. 

Thank you

Hi Susan,

You were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

Feel free to also check this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork

Edited to add: 

You may want to check these articles for more information on how to use Upwork Desktop App and how to get paid for an Hourly Contract.   

~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Susan O wrote:

Hi 

Another thing - be careful with free tests. Many people will try to take advantage of freelancers and never hire them. Asking for a free test is not allowed. 

djovic
Community Member

Hi, I have  been using the the time tracker both on my  desktop and laptop,but today the  log in button is missing in my desktop application. Tried using my  laptop  and its working. I've downloaded the desktop app and logged into my account but still missing the  toggle button. Tried also reinstalling  but encountered the same error. The messages is working fine with all previous conversations. Please Help!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Eladio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
djovic
Community Member

Thank you, the  advise of the technical support is to reinstall which I  did, but still experiencing the same. 

Hi Eladio,

If the issue still persists please follow up directly with our team on your support ticket and they will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members