🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top rated badge
Page options
morrisonanele
Community Member

Top rated badge

Thanks alot for your Suggestions, advice and  responses I do appreciate

I will take corrections as soon as possible .

Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday ahead

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Martina P wrote:

You will need to have a good strategy in place in case your JSS is not too good. 

Not writing or proofreading in languages he doesn't speak fluently (let alone at native level) would be a really great start.

That's what caused this mess in the first place.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
petra_r
Community Member

Morrison A wrote:

it a freelancer earning is more than $1000 without much job done ,less client

Is it possible for the freelancer to earn Top rated badges since the earning is more than $1000 and above

I'm not sure what you are actually asking?

The $1000 12-months earnings are only one of several requirements.

In your particular case, you need a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% to start accumulating eligible weeks towards top-rated status.

You don't have any JSS and when you get one, it won't be anywhere near 90%...

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You need to take down that video. I don't know what consulting you are talking about, but you are a single freelancer and not associated with any group. The text has many mistakes, it is not a good advertisement for you. Plus it has a phone number in it, not allowed!

You claim to be native in a lot of languages. I doubt this is true. You are creating an expectation you can never fulfill, hence the feedback will never be great. The secret to marketing is underpromise and overdeliver, not the other way around. 

Oh dear. Even your timezone is not where you claim to be. I'm not even talking about the mistakes in your overview. 

Hello Miss Martina P is unfortunate that you were Unable to give me solutions to my question ? rather you decided to emphasize on my mistakes

Actually am a student currently based in Amsterdam undergoing my master's degree program

I decided to use my country mobile number rather than my resident country mobile number

Thanks for your observation about the mistakes on my text,it was typical error which I have edited and corrected

Thanks for your response and observations

What is your question? If you can ever become top-rated? Sure, like everybody else who fulfills all requirements. 

Typical error? A writer's profile needs to be absolutely flawless. There are still mistakes. 

Thanks for your response I really appreciate you for that
I haven't gotten much jobs on Upwork because am currently on a long term
contract and I doing my best to ensure my clients is fully satisfied with
my work, I believe by the end the end of my long term contract job which
am into, i will surely get a JSS which will make me eligible to become a
Top rated freelancer
Thanks for your response once again

Morrison A wrote:
 I believe by the end the end of my long term contract job which
am into, i will surely get a JSS which will make me eligible to become a
Top rated freelancer

No, it won't. I'd be surprised if it will be much above 50%. It will 100% certain not be above 90%, and even if there was a miracle and it was 90%, you'd then have to keep it there for a minimum of 13 out of any 16 weeks. Your client feedback is absolutely horrendous.

Please Do you mind offering me some proffessional advice which can enable
me increase my JSS ?
It will be my pleasure if my request is being granted by you .
Thanks alot for your response

You have 4 ended contracts with feedback, if those were all different clients, it's possible you will get a JSS next update on Sunday. You have another job without feedback, maybe ask the client to provide feedback on it, provided you expect that feedback to be very good. 

In the 3 other cases, it is likely the clients didn't leave good private feedback, which is the important part of the JSS calculation. You will need to have a good strategy in place in case your JSS is not too good. 

Martina P wrote:

You will need to have a good strategy in place in case your JSS is not too good. 

Not writing or proofreading in languages he doesn't speak fluently (let alone at native level) would be a really great start.

That's what caused this mess in the first place.

Well the Burmese proofreading job seems to have gone well..... I give him credit for removing a bunch of languages from his profile of which he claimed to be a native speaker. There were many more. 

Martina P wrote:

Well the Burmese proofreading job seems to have gone well.....

I doubt it.

Martina P wrote:

I give him credit for removing a bunch of languages from his profile of which he claimed to be a native speaker. There were many more. 

Not so long ago the profile also claimed to belong to someone who grew up in France and currently living in South Africa and yet located in Nigeria...

Am a French Nigeria born ,but currently residing in Amsterdam, Netherlands
where am undergoing my Degree program
Thanks

Your timezone is not Amsterdam. 

I decided to change my time zone because my Upwork client requested I do so
to enable me serve him much better on his project

A client can't request you to change your time-zone, first it's against the rules to misrepresent your location, second I don't see how a client would care about that. This makes no sense. 

I had no option than to do so since am new to Upwork platform
I will have to change back my time zone if that's the case.
Thanks once again for your response i really appreciate it.

me increase my JSS ?

Have you read my prior posts? 

1. Get feedback on the job that has none. 

2. Provide better work.

3. Don't claim skills you don't have.

4. Correct all the mistakes in your profile and portfolio. 

I will correct all mistakes on my profile as soon as possible thanks alot
for your proffessional advice I really appreciate it

me increase my JSS ?

Am currently in a long term project and due to that I reject most  job offers I received recently.

Most client on upwork are unresponsive the offer you a job

When you are done with the job and have submitted it

All the will do is to approve you milestone and promise to give you a nice feedback

Yet the end up giving you only star rating.

That's the reason I decided to commit myself Into a long term project on Upwork .

me increase my JSS ?

Well, you don't have one yet, but probably pretty soon. 

The secret to a great JSS is providing excellent work without fail. There really isn't more to it. 

Morrison A wrote:

Most client on upwork are unresponsive the offer you a job

When you are done with the job and have submitted it

All the will do is to approve you milestone and promise to give you a nice feedback

Yet the end up giving you only star rating.

That's the reason I decided to commit myself Into a long term project on Upwork .

me increase my JSS ?

They have already given you several tips to start with so that you can do better. Start with your profile. Fix it and don't lie.

I am not an English speaker, but even to me it sounds like you are not "Native or Bilingual".
Curiously you say that you are "French Nigeria born" and I see that French is the only language in which you only qualify as "Fluent", but you are "Native or Bilingual" in four others, a bit strange.

The stars are the feedback. Whether they write something or not does not matter. What really matters to JSS is the private comment that the client leaves. And it's private, you can't tell what it was, in case you ask.
From the feedback they have given you, one with 3 in skills and quality (bad) and another with 1 in four of the options (very bad), I am afraid that the private comments must have been terrible.
So I'm afraid you won't have JSS for now, and if you did, maybe you'd rather not have it.

Thanks for your response I really appreciate.

Morrison A wrote:
Thanks for your response I really appreciate.

You're welcome, but what I've told you is the same, but resumed, what both Petra and Martina have told you.
I think you should give them thanks, they are the ones who have given you the guidelines, but you have not paid attention to them.

I have thanked Them
So am thanking you too for your response
I really appreciate you for your time

I'm thinking he might get it at the next update. It might be interesting, especially since they display all percentages now, not only the ones above 50% as before. 

Martina P wrote:

I'm thinking he might get it at the next update. It might be interesting, especially since they display all percentages now, not only the ones above 50% as before. 

Yes, I had not realized that they now show the JSS below 50%, until the other day I saw a 35% one.
I think if it were new I would prefer the old way.

Thanks for your immediate response

Yep they do. I think they changed that a year ago or so. I was surprised too, but I was advised they determined it would be really unfair not to display the numbers below 50. I have to agree. 

Martina P wrote:

Yep they do. I think they changed that a year ago or so. I was surprised too, but I was advised they determined it would be really unfair not to display the numbers below 50. I have to agree. 

I agree too, but I'm glad it didn't catch me when I started. I didn't have those feedbacks though 😬

Thanks for your time

Thanks alot for your response I will take corrections

Morrison A wrote:

Thanks alot for your response I will take corrections

I would most strongly suggest that you do that.

Your profile must, above all, be honest. It is not allowed to make claims that aren't true, which includes your location, your history, your education, your degrees, and your languages.

Looking at your portfolio pieces, your posts here, and your feedback from clients, your English is a long, VERY long way from native level. My French isn't great, but even I can tell that your French is no better than your English. Your client tells you that your Dutch is really bad, too...  What were you even THINKING taking a job for Burmese proofreading?

I really don't know what it is you are doing, are you machine generating text and machine translating it or what?  Whatever it is that you are doing, it must stop right now, because with  such a dishonest profile you will not get far.

Thanks I will make corrections
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members