🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top-rated hours not increasing
Page options
a4ae888f
Community Member

Top-rated hours not increasing

Hi, I was a top-rated freelancer, but due to some issues, I lost my badge. Now, I'm capable of getting it, but the eligible weeks are not increasing. The same issue arose when I had to become top-rated for the first time. I want this issue recovered forever to not have this problem again and again.

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Maryam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that I checked with our team and it looks like there is no error with the number of eligible weeks on your account. 

In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a4ae888f
Community Member

Hi Nikol,

You can check out that even though my requirements are fulfilled my weeks are not increasing (as it's upwork policy they increase after two weeks).

Hi Maryam,

Your eligible weeks need to cover unqualified weeks. When unqualified weeks have been covered, eligible weeks will start increasing.

Please see the graph below: 

759e32fa_0-1656420201541.png

~ AJ
Upwork
a4ae888f
Community Member

Hi, thanks for responding. Can you please elaborate it?

Hi Maryam,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. To earn Top-Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top-Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress, looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. We update the count every Saturday.

The chart provided by Annie Jane shows how Top Rated eligibility can change week over week. As a new week is added in the week 1 row, an old week drops off from the week 16 row. Weeks with a JSS of 90% or higher are green, and weeks with a JSS of less than 90% are orange. Weeks with Rising Talent status are also eligible (green).

For example, in the week of 11/14, this freelancer was not Top Rated eligible because they only had 12 of the last 16 weeks at 90% or greater. The next week, 11/21, they became eligible because the most recent week was 90% or greater and pushed the oldest week, an under-90% week, out of the 16-week date range. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members