🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top rated weeks issue. Stuck at 12/16 for mon...
Page options
00137e0a
Community Member

Top rated weeks issue. Stuck at 12/16 for months. Seriously.

Hi,

First and foremost, I'd like to state that I understand how the top-rated eligible weeks rotation system works, and that I did, in fact, have a few weeks of 89 JSS a few months ago, right after losing the rising talent badge.

However, after contacting support (on January 26th), they informed me that I should have become eligible today, but my eligible weeks are still stuck at 12/16.

In fact, I believe I should have been eligible a few weeks ago, according to my calculations, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

They also informed me that my account was experiencing a top-rated eligible weeks mismatch (TREW mismatch) and that my problem was more difficult to resolve. However, this was many months ago.

I've been very understanding of the situation, as they requested, and I understand that complex programming issues can take time to resolve, but it's been several months, and the top-rated badge is very important for my freelancing business.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that I should have been eligible by now, and I'd like to ask if any of you have experienced the same issue, and how you solved it.

Cheers,

Rafael.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Rafael M wrote: they informed me that I should have become eligible today, but my eligible weeks are still stuck at 12/16.

In fact, I believe I should have been eligible a few weeks ago, according to my calculations, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

If you had 4 weeks below 90% (or without your Rising Talent badge) your eligible weeks will be stuck at 12 for a grand total of 13 weeks.
Also, the JSS and possibly the eligible weeks haven't been updated at all this time around (JSS should have been updated yesterday).

eligible.jpg

00137e0a
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, Petra.

Yes, I've used this exact table to calculate my eligibility, which, as I said, should've happened a few weeks ago.

Also, Upwork's support themselves told me that I should've become eligible today.

I just want to know what's going on, since they've asked for my patience to solve this TREW mismatch issue many months ago, and I'm pretty sure that my weeks should've changed to 13/16 by now.

00137e0a
Community Member

So, I was just told by support that there's indeed a bug on my account regarding the TREW (top-rated eligible weeks) and that they have followed my issue to the technical support.

The problem is, I've been told the exact same thing several months ago, on January 11th, to be precise, and nothing has been done to fix it so far.

Despite being relatively new to Upwork, I've been freelancing for 15 years, and I take it very seriously. I can't afford to wait in the dark, for who knows how many more months, until someone fixes a bug that was supposed to be fixed months ago, so I can get a badge that was rightfully earned and which is very important for my business.

Please, Upwork Team, if you're reading this, I'd like to be contacted by someone who can actually help me, and not be indefinitely kept in the dark again for who knows how long.

Thank you.

UPDATE: I was just contacted again by support and they have told me that they can't put me in contact with someone from the technical support who can actually help me. 

What I am supposed to do here? Just sit down and wait? For how long? 

Please, Upwork team, I need to talk with someone who can actually do something to help. 

00137e0a
Community Member

UPDATE: Just tried to reach out to Upwork's CTO on Twitter, and someone from the Executive Escalations team sent me an email telling me, basically, that they've been aware of this bug for months and that they have absolutely no idea about how or when it will be fixed, so I should just sit tight and wait indefinitely to get my top-rated badge, so they gave me a three months premium membership gift code and that's it.

Honestly, this is unbelievable. It's hard to understand how a company that's just been elected one of the 100 most influential by the Times Magazine can't deal with simple bugs and spam. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members