cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top six Tips to bid on UpWork

Ainal H Member Since: Feb 23, 2015
11 of 39

You know we are all expert to give free advice. It can be work or not but we really expert to give you free advice Smiley Tongue 

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
12 of 39

Hello,

I can sum it up in single sentence.

" your cover letter should be unique than that of others " 

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
13 of 39

@Abdul R wrote:

Hello,

I can sum it up in single sentence.

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

How could you know that yours one is unique?

Community Guru
14 of 39

Hello Iftikhar, 

In other words, focus the given task and make outline Or give the best solution. Tell the client, project duration and invite to send you more details. 

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

Community Guru
15 of 39

Yes we can try our best but we really dont know how other applicants or writing may be they are better than us,Everyone try thier best to convince the client,Ok you have great cover letter but what if you have nothing to show client  like portfolio,work history,feedback etc.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
16 of 39

re: "How could you know that yours one is unique?"

Clients are smart enough to know the difference between a cover letter was written specificaly for them, and a cover letter that was copy-and-pasted.

Also, Upwork knows. Upwork has automated algorithms intended to detect copy-and-paste cover letters and spam-posting. and it will auto-hide or otherwise diminish the prominence of job applications that are calculated as being such.

Community Guru
17 of 39

@Preston H wrote:

re: "How could you know that yours one is unique?"

Clients are smart enough to know the difference between a cover letter was written specificaly for them, and a cover letter that was copy-and-pasted.

Also, Upwork knows to. Upwork has automated algorithms intended to detect copy-and-paste cover letters and spam-posting. and it will auto-hide or otherwise diminish the prominence of job applications that are calculated as being such.

I think we are talking about writing a unique cover letter which will be unique from others we are not talking about the system,

If a client will see 10 unique aplications passed from the system what he will do than will hire 10 of them or choose one of them which is perfect for him seeing his portfolio work history and feedback? 

Community Guru
18 of 39

Hello,

Your cover letter has primary source & basic source of information. If client likes it then It's turn of your profile. I will call it Secondary source. 

Cover letter is temporary sources. It changes according to job post. 

Profile is a little bit permanent source. 

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
19 of 39

re: "what if you have nothing to show client  like portfolio,work history,feedback etc."

Then work on accumulating those things.

NOBODY can prevent a contractor from working on their portfolio and making it better and more impressive.

NOBODY can prevent a contractor from studying and learning new skills.

NOBODY can prevent a contractor from looking at the posted test subjects for various skills tests, conscientiously studying those subjects, and taking tests to demonstrate their skill and knowledge.

There ARE things a contractor can do to further their Upwork profile and career even if they're not getting hired right now.

Community Guru
20 of 39

It is an international platform where cleints get the best applicants. There is a narrow margin of difference about their skills and abilities. 

If you and your client are on the same page, you can get the job. It does not means that other applicants are not able. Client has plan before him and when he labels applicants with his plan. It's easy to find someone the best match. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS