🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Total spam
Page options
h_honcharenko
Community Member

Total spam

On my job feed page 8 of 12 jobs are entitled "Quick translation job from English to 20+ language". The text is identical. The most amazing and strange is that the freelancers apply for these obviously fake jobs?!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Luce N wrote:

Renata, I'm in the Flagging mood, and I've been flagging like crazy for a few days.

I wonder why Upwork sort of leaves it up to freelancers to flag the jobs. It takes time to flag jobs and Upwork does not respond right away. Meanwhile, freelancers lose connects by answering these job posts.

As long as you're enjoying it, Luce. It can be like popping bubble wrap if you're in the right mood.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
spectralua
Community Member

It is not frelancers, bots there.

Yep, many spammers. Las 2-3 day i saw scam job at my feed. It was posted each ~10 min. Today it is gone, maybe some filters applied by Upwork.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Heorhii H wrote:

On my job feed page 8 of 12 jobs are entitled "Quick translation job from English to 20+ language". The text is identical. The most amazing and strange is that the freelancers apply for these obviously fake jobs?!

You can't put the job links, but you can put the job search link.
Sounds weird, but it is how it works. They talk about it in this link. They posted several search links and it seems to have worked.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Is-there-a-way-can-I-flag-these-without-flagging-all-of-...

the-right-writer
Community Member

It is amazing that those ads are still proliferating on the platform. 

It is stunning that with all the information, warnings, Terms of Service, articles, popups, etc. freelancers still run to apply, especially if it is a ridiculously high amount. Many of those no doubt send a copy-pasted proposal to everyone. However, there will likely be someone who comes to the forum because they went off the platform and lost money.

I guess many would be freelancers don't know how to read...

renata101
Community Member

Hello Heorhil,

Translation seems to be a popular area for scams. People without job experience who have recently started accounts on Upwork will apply to translation jobs because they often think all that's required is running the copy through Google Translate.  So it's viewed as an easy job, and scammers understand that they can make money from people who are looking for easy jobs.

luce-neidert
Community Member

Renata, I'm in the Flagging mood, and I've been flagging like crazy for a few days.

I wonder why Upwork sort of leaves it up to freelancers to flag the jobs. It takes time to flag jobs and Upwork does not respond right away. Meanwhile, freelancers lose connects by answering these job posts.

Money. More fake works - more connects spent. 😄

Somewhere around Pavlo proposed give to selected freelancers ability to block this scam jobs. This proposal was ignored, like many others useful. So goals is other than minimize spam\scam.

Luce N wrote:

As long as you're enjoying it, Luce. It can be like popping bubble wrap if you're in the right mood.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members