🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Track time for fixed-price contracts
Page options
marc_compte
Community Member

Track time for fixed-price contracts

Hello,

I just learned that I can also track time for the fixed-price contracts. The price is still fixed and it is only meant for tracking.

My question is, does the client see those hours? or is it just for my personal use?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marc C wrote:

I still have the same question, does the client see that recordign or they just don't see it at all?

IF the client were to bother looking at the work diary, they could theoretically see the screenshots. But as clients don't expect anything to be there and there is nothing alerting the client to the fact that you tracked time, there is literally no reason why a client would look at the work diary of a fixed rate contract.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Marc,

Fixed-Price contracts can be tracked using the Upwork Desktop App, but they do not qualify for Hourly Protection. They only qualify for Fixed-Price Protection. The clients are not billed for those hours. The tracking function is available for Fixed-Price contracts only for recoding purposes. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Joanne Marie, that's the article I was reading.

I still have the same question, does the client see that recordign or they just don't see it at all?

Marc C wrote:

IF the client were to bother looking at the work diary, they could theoretically see the screenshots. But as clients don't expect anything to be there and there is nothing alerting the client to the fact that you tracked time, there is literally no reason why a client would look at the work diary of a fixed rate contract.

ahn190
Community Member

Hello Marc,

I'm curious if you got an answer or tried to use this, I have the same question too, do clients see the tracked time for fixed-price contracts? 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

Ahmad H wrote:

I'm curious if you got an answer or tried to use this, I have the same question too, do clients see the tracked time for fixed-price contracts? 🙂

He did get an answer, which is right below the original post...

"IF the client were to bother looking at the work diary, they could theoretically see the screenshots. But as clients don't expect anything to be there and there is nothing alerting the client to the fact that you tracked time, there is literally no reason why a client would look at the work diary of a fixed-rate contract."

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your message. Yes, clients will be able to see the tracked time on the Fixed price contract if it is tracked using the Desktop App. This tracked time on the Fixed price contract will not be used for billing or counted toward your total work hours displayed on your profile.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members