🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Track time for zoom calls
Page options
1a4ab68c
Community Member

Track time for zoom calls

Hello,

I am new to  upwork , and this is my fourth gig, I have done hourly contracts before and I understand the time tracker records mouse movements and keyboard clicks. This job involves me training the client on zoom , how can i track that on the timetracker or should i request a fixed-price contract?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2a05aa63
Community Member

The amount of activity doesn't matter if the client doesn't complain.
The time it matters, if the client's payment doesn't go through and upwork pays you out of their pocket. They don't pay for low activity timeframes. I got this happen twice.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Do not use fixed-price.

Use hourly.

Run time-tracker during all Zoom sessions.

Click mouse frequently during Zoom sessions to ensure time-tracker records your time correctly. Or use manually logged time.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Just find a good reason to use your mouse and keyboard during these calls. Take notes, write down what you're discussing with the client and send that to them after the call, etc.

Upwork really needs to link TimeTracker and Upwork Zoom calls, so the freelancer can focus 100% on communicating with the client rather than satisfying TimeTracker that work is being done.  There is no good reason not to do this, because, by definition, a ZOOM call is only tracked by Upwork to the extent both freelancer and client are on the call. (I suspect the current arrangement may allow Upwork to find more idle time on a freelancer's account if payment protection kicks in for a client.)

2a05aa63
Community Member

The amount of activity doesn't matter if the client doesn't complain.
The time it matters, if the client's payment doesn't go through and upwork pays you out of their pocket. They don't pay for low activity timeframes. I got this happen twice.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members