cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tragedy of a client instead 700$ they paid 50$ and now are asking for the 60$ in escrow !!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 60

Dusko A wrote:

So If I understood correctly, it will cost me 291$ to have UpWork to decide if I win those 60$ - meaning I will have to pay 291$ if I submit for - refusal of returning funds to the client.

NO! Not necessarily at all.

Only if mediation fails and the client also pays $ 291. Otherwise, you get your$ 291 back and whatever was in escrow.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
22 of 60

Okay I wont risk it 291 for 60 dollars. The hell with it. I earned 10 times more to bother about it. What I cannot understand is , I close 5 contracts with 5.0 and idiot like this comes along and all goes to hell.

Next time I will most certainly know better.

Speaking of the top rated perk, I have asked for a contract to be removed on Nov 2018 and since then I had around 14 contracts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
23 of 60

Dusko A wrote:

Okay I wont risk it 291 for 60 dollars.

You don't have to. That is necessary only if mediation fails. Mediation is free.

Dusko A wrote:

Speaking of the top rated perk, I have asked for a contract to be removed on Nov 2018 and since then I had around 14 contracts.

Then you can see what impact this contract has on your JSS and remove it if necessary.

Highlighted
Community Leader
24 of 60
Just one question. Since I have allowed client feedback to change his review, can he change it before I give feedback or I must send feedback and then he can change his?
Highlighted
Community Guru
25 of 60

Dusko A wrote:
Just one question. Since I have allowed client feedback to change his review, can he change it before I give feedback or I must send feedback and then he can change his?

I am at a loss how you can see the client's feedback and how it can be publicly visible when the contract was closed yesterday and you have not left feedback yet. This is supposed to be impossible.

Does the client have ANY intention of changing the feedback? Why would the client have any intention of changing the feedback?

You haven't made some sort of deal that you agree to the refund and/or leave positive feedback if the client changes feedback?

You do understand that only the public feedback can be changed, the private feedback (which is what affects your JSS) can not be changed.

Highlighted
Community Leader
26 of 60

I am at loss as well. All I know is that I got the notification that he ended the contract. You questioned and althought I answered, once more so you can be sure - he ended the contract yesterday, I suppose around 3/4 o'clock GMT+2 time. Then I opened the contract and there was "give feedback to freelancer" and "respond to request", I went to 2nd one. and for "I do not approve it" , and while I was thinking what to write I said to myself, let's check the terms & settings in the contract itself so to be sure how to approach this. What has been said, agreed & done. 

There I was able to see the rating he has left me. It stood that  - I can give feedback to him. Below , to answer on his feedback on me (thats where I could see the 4 stars before I went on my profile amazed that I could see it before hand, to see he put 3.85) 

I have said nothing of this to him, just politely asked him if he can give me best ratings, because I deserved them, because although I did my job they closed it out of nowhere based on false assumptions which is not my fault, and then allowed him to do the change. Now I see I cannot go back and take that decision back. I have never before allowed someone to change his feedback. 

Now he says that before he put's feedback, I should put feedback on him, otherwise he wasn't allowed to. That is what I am asking, is that true or he is just trying to trick me one more time? This has been very tiring and quite stressful.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
27 of 60

Dusko A wrote:

I am at loss as well. All I know is that I got the notification that he ended the contract. You questioned and althought I answered, once more so you can be sure - he ended the contract yesterday, I suppose around 3/4 o'clock GMT+2 time. Then I opened the contract and there was "give feedback to freelancer" and "respond to request", I went to 2nd one. and for "I do not approve it" , and while I was thinking what to write I said to myself, let's check the terms & settings in the contract itself so to be sure how to approach this. What has been said, agreed & done. 

There I was able to see the rating he has left me. It stood that  - I can give feedback to him.

To be honest, if the above is accurate (and I have no reason to believe that it isn't) it looks like this was an Upwork glitch.

In my opinion the fact that you were able to see the client's feedback before leaving yours means the double blindnature of the whole thing is out of the window and everything that comes afterwards (your feedback to the client or the client changing theirs) is now tainted.

I'm going to flag this post so a mod can get it looked into because there is no "correct" outcome if what you are saying is accurate.

Highlighted
Community Leader
28 of 60

I have been honest and said chronologicly how it was, I haven't yet made any decision how to continue, I still have 4-5 days before I have to react on it. Please look into it. 

For the time being can you tell me what should I do? I don't want any intereference or to have problems with UpWork that could result in much bigger consequences, I have no idea really. 

I have told straightforward and how it basicaly was and still is, I can still see their review and the details of how he rated me, ex. 2.0 for deadline which is hilarious, I have made into the deadline 4 days earlier. The deadline to deliver the car was today. I got the contract 14 days ago the deadline was 14 days or two weeks. It makes no sense whatsoever that either but they did it anyway. I guess they are used to changing their minds everyday no matter what they have said or agreed. Really bad experience.   

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
29 of 60

Hi Petra and Dusko,

Just to confirm that Dusko is correct and is able to view his client feedback. I will escalate this to our engineering team to investigate it further and take proper actions so that it is resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
30 of 60

What should I do? I have 4-5 days before I need to react to their feedback, and I have every intent to do so. How will I be notified, through this community or just email - so to know what to look out for. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS