🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Trouble getting reviews
Page options
creillydesign
Community Member

Trouble getting reviews

Hi everyone, I have been working through Upwork for a few years now. I have over 115 hours worked and over 120 projects. Im confused at how the feedback button shows up for clients once the project is closed. My past 4 out of 5 projects that went very well (they all tipped on top of their payment so I know they were happy with the work) have no feedback. Often the client releases the milestone but never actually closes the project-so then i'm forced to close the project and it ends in a no review. Im very concerened how this will impact my JSS. Are there spots that I can instruct my clients to go to leave the review? Any advice would be really appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

You can always send a polite message asking if they will need anything more and, if not, to please close the contract.  Once or twice - no more.  I have loads of contracts that I've closed myself and I still have 100% JSS.  Just don't close more than one or two every couple of weeks.

rajatdau
Community Member

Hello Chelsea,

• I have checked your profile and out of 93 projects you have 24 "No feedback given".

• Secondly, You can go to "My Jobs" section and ask your clients to review your performance, you need to check if Upwork is showing "You will see your review, once you review your client", then you have to review your client to see what your previous clients has shared about your work.

• Third, once you see the feedback live and if you are not satisfied with the review, you can "enable client to change his/her feedback" option and conversate with them and solve their issues if they have any, then ask them to change what they have shared in previous review.

I think these are things you should check and then you are good to go.

Hope this will help.

Regards
    Rajat

I intend to make Upwork a better place for Freelancers and Clients.
prachi163
Community Member

so then i'm forced to close the project and it ends in a no review. 

And who exactly forces you to close it?

Clients are less likely to provide feedback on a closed contract. But if you wait for them to close it, they are 'forced' to leave feedback. 

Of course, I understand that some clients won't close the contract even months after the job is done. For such contracts, Mary's advice holds. 

petra_r
Community Member

Chelsea R wrote:

Often the client releases the milestone but never actually closes the project-so then i'm forced to close the project and it ends in a no review. Im very concerened how this will impact my JSS. Are there spots that I can instruct my clients to go to leave the review? Any advice would be really appreciated! 

This is not what is affecting your feedback. 

You want to encourage clients to close the contract. Do this as soon as possible after the work is done and when they still feel invested. No need to be pushy, but after your client has released the payment, you can thank them for doing so and say something along the lines of if there is nothing more they need from you at this stage, would they mind closing the contract. Also mention that you look forward to working with them again in future or whatever. 

But neither contracts that stay open, nor contracts that close without feedback have any negative effect on your JSS unless you have an insane percentage of such contracts.

I can show you a profile with 80% of contracts without feedback and a 100% JSS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members