🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UK Freelancer
Page options
alice-newall
Community Member

UK Freelancer

Hello all!

As a recently new freelancer (yay pandemic), when I came across this site I was very excited, but noticed that you needed to have a registerd business name in order to fill out the W8BEN form. In the Uk you dont have to register as a business or pay taxes untill you've earned at least 1000 from your freelancing gigs. 

So what infomation should I give when it asks for a business name? my name? I've asked a few others and they've told me that you dont need to be a registed business in order to complete freelancing work. 

Any infomation would be great!

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alice N wrote:

Hello all!

As a recently new freelancer (yay pandemic), when I came across this site I was very excited, but noticed that you needed to have a registerd business name in order to fill out the W8BEN form. In the Uk you dont have to register as a business or pay taxes untill you've earned at least 1000 from your freelancing gigs. 

So what infomation should I give when it asks for a business name? my name? I've asked a few others and they've told me that you dont need to be a registed business in order to complete freelancing work. 

Any infomation would be great!

Yes, you use your name. 

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members