🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to change my profile picture
Page options
michel_young
Community Member

Unable to change my profile picture

Please community I need your help am new to this platform I use another platform before I migrated to upwork. When registered my account I use a different picture and I aimed to change it back when I have time to upload an acceptable picture. Until I landed my first job and wanted to verify the account that I noticed that my profile picture can not be changed. Please I will be very grateful if you can help me with this I only have a day left to verify this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Onifade,

Feel free to update your profile photo now and complete your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Onifade,

Feel free to update your profile photo now and complete your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Seriously am really excited. I don't even know how to express my gratitude 

Thanks a lot community 

Hi I've been unable to change my Profile picture also. I keep getting an error message saying unable to connect to server .

Hi Victor,

You shouldn't have any problems with changing your profile picture. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if that doesn't help so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ive tried changing it using the Mobile app, it didn't work, I've tried using chrome on my phone it didn't work , then I tried using chrome on my desktop , it didn't work . I even tried changing the images itself , I tried 5 different images , still didn't work . I even cropped the image so it will be square, it Still didn't work

Hi Victor,

I'm sorry to hear you continued having the same problem. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Please help me as I need to verify my account but I can't seem to change my profile picture..help me plz

Hi Shamsa,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c1eab897
Community Member

Hi,

Please help me change my profile picture. I already tried changing it using a different platform ( app, web) but I keep on getting an error message saying "Unable to get a proper response from the server".

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Dave,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have faced the same problem today. can i get some help to change my upwork profile.

Hello, I also want to change my profile pic but the system is saying "there's an error with the server" for a long time now.

Pls help!

Hi Ayomide,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance in changing your profile picture.

~ Arjay
Upwork
faizanenator
Community Member

I am also having the same problem, I am not able to update my profile pic.. Please help!

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and you should be able to upload your profile photo now. Could you please try uploading your photo and let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
305b05a9
Community Member

I'm also unable to change my profile photo. I need guidance on this.

Hello Daisy,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble updating your profile photo. Can you please confirm if you're getting any error messages on your end whenever you try uploading it? Please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:

• You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally-altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB
If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
nora_sage_
Community Member

Hello,

I've been trying to change my profile picture on upwork but it doesn't change.

I've tried it multiple times and different pictures but still not changing.

Please help me out my account is getting blocked on 31st.

Hi Joy,

We appreciate you reaching out here in the Community. We understand how you want this issue resolved immediately. However, I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cf931a09
Community Member

I have faced the same problem today. can i get some help to change my upwork profile.

Hi Abdi,

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
33a98fce
Community Member

Please I also need help in changing my profile picture. I landed my first job but I was told to verify my identity and I tried to change my profile picture but it says I need to verify my identity. I can't verify my identity with a wrong profile picture 😭

Hi Stephanie,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble updating your profile photo. Can you please confirm if you get any error messages when you try uploading it?

If it meets the requirements listed in this help article and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists. Feel free to coordinate with the team through the email you received if the issue persists. They will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
33a98fce
Community Member

I've tried clearing cache and cookies but still no avail. I'm being told to
verify my identity

Hi Stephanie,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
33a98fce
Community Member

I'm facing the exact same thing. please how did you resolve it.

de460823
Community Member

Maximum image resolution is 4,000 x 4,000

I found the reason why I was unable to modify my profile picture.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members