🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to see my sent proposal.
Page options
ibtesamsadiq
Community Member

Unable to see my sent proposal.

Hi,
After Upwork added a connect-based availability status. I didn't enable it yet and there is mentioned that clients won't be able to see my profile and I won't receive an invitation until I set my availability status by using my connects.
But Somehow I got an email while my availability status was off. And someone invited me to submit a proposal. So, I checked it from my account on browser and android app but there wasn't mentioned anything about an invitation from that client. So, I went back to the email and opened the invention through my email. And I successfully submitted a proposal for that job. Then I came back to see the submitted proposal but there was nothing. Still, I can see that client didn't close the job and also didn't hire anyone yet. But it seems like there is no information in the proposal section about this project and the client also didn't receive any information about my proposal.
I don't know if it's happening because of Upwork's new feature of connect-based availability status. Or if it's just a bug.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All, 

I'd like to provide an update about this issue. Our engineering team released a fix for this issue a few days ago and proposals have been displaying correctly since then. Could you please let us know here in the Community or by contacting support here if there are still some proposals you sent when this issue first started that still aren't showing? We'll be able to assist you with those. 

We appreciate your patience!

Update: we'll be closing this thread from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59

Hi Harry,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your freelancers. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My proposals to job invites are not seen within my message section. This is a recent development. I need technical support. Thanks. 

d548d885
Community Member

I got two invitations , I responded to them , but it is not updating in my messages . I dont even know that my message got delivered or not . I lost the jobs 

What should i do know ?

I am experiencing the same issue. 

I’m assuming that Upwork will charge us for getting the messages. The recent available now badge is for that only. If we have connects and we have enabled it then only we will be able to talk to the client. I guess that it’s not a bug otherwise Upwork would have fixed it but Upwork has changed things now. So no messages to those who sends you invites. Invite is just a placeholder.

So basically if you have connects and you have activated active now using then only you’ll get to talk to them otherwise you’ll be able to just send a proposal. I can’t wait for upwork to come up with an explanation for this. But their explanation will be that since a lot of users are using Upwork we are doing this to reduce the crowd so everyone gets a chance. But this is not good Upwork. Not good!

Hi All,

We'd like to confirm that our engineers are actively working to resolve the issue you're experiencing with active proposals not showing. We'll be providing an update on this thread as soon as we get more information from the team.

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion caused by this bug.

~ Bojan
Upwork
elitegra
Community Member

Would you please let clients know about this bug? I got a few goods invites that show that I haven´t applied yet... this may cause clients not to hire. 

Here it says the issue was solved, but still, we are having the same issue. https://status.upwork.com/

Hi Wilson,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
elitegra
Community Member

Joanne, I don´t know what is more irritating, you suggesting that or the fact that I lost a 1K job and I am about to lose another one because of this bug. Does clearing your cache and cookies fix your app too?

The client is now interviewing someone and it´s not me, I guess because they think I am not interested. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD LET THE CLIENT ABOUT THIS BUG?

Proposal.PNG

My concern is same as Wilson's. Seems I going to miss an opportunity.

Divyansh S wrote:
I’m assuming that Upwork will charge us for getting the messages. The recent available now badge is for that only. If we have connects and we have enabled it then only we will be able to talk to the client. I guess that it’s not a bug otherwise Upwork would have fixed it but Upwork has changed things now. So no messages to those who sends you invites. Invite is just a placeholder.

So basically if you have connects and you have activated active now using then only you’ll get to talk to them otherwise you’ll be able to just send a proposal. I can’t wait for upwork to come up with an explanation for this. But their explanation will be that since a lot of users are using Upwork we are doing this to reduce the crowd so everyone gets a chance. But this is not good Upwork. Not good!

It is a malfunction of Upwork (one more), it has nothing to do with the new badge or with connects or with anything you comment.

Hi, mods

Nobody asked the question I asked yesterday about whether the client could see my response to their invitation to interview. So btw - it is still not showing in my active proposal tab.

On the other hand, when going to the original email and clicking on the apply button, it says proposal sent.

So....any clarity?

Irene B wrote:

Nobody answered the question I asked yesterday about whether the client could see my response to their invitation to interview. So btw - it is still not showing in my active proposal tab.

I don't think so. I noticed that something wasn't right quite some time after I immediately responded to an invite from a client and got no response. So I proposed a new contract to them instead (luckily it was a repeat client) and he responded to that. So I'm fairly sure he didn't see my response to the invite.

Hi Irene, Wes and Wilson,

Irene, to your question regarding the proposal's visibility on the client's side, we are aware that the issue still persists for some users. Our engineers are actively working to address it and we'll provide an update as soon as we receive a confirmation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for clarifying, Vladimir. Appreciate it.

Vlad, to follow up - a proposal I sent this morning also seems to have gone to the black hole. I can see it if I go to the job from the saved jobs page, but it doesn't appear on my active or archived proposals list. 

I hope issue will be resolved soon.

For me issue is still there.

c6c0739f
Community Member

You can see sent proposal that was sent by you. If you want to see it then, click on the project that you have sent proposal and scroll down. After that you can see the proposal that was sentt by you.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All, 

I'd like to provide an update about this issue. Our engineering team released a fix for this issue a few days ago and proposals have been displaying correctly since then. Could you please let us know here in the Community or by contacting support here if there are still some proposals you sent when this issue first started that still aren't showing? We'll be able to assist you with those. 

We appreciate your patience!

Update: we'll be closing this thread from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members