🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I have verified my indian pan card still ...
Page options
gopip18
Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

365 REPLIES 365

What is the PAN verification process? I have added PAN details at agency account but it still took extra 5%.

Whom should I reach out for this?  

( Note - I am writing the same thing 3rd time but no one resolved the issue )

Hi Neetu,

Thank you for your message. I see that the PAN details were added on August 1st, 2023. All earnings before adding the PAN details will be charged at a 5% Withholding Tax. Your Withholding Tax will be reduced to 1% for all earnings after August 1st.

- Pradeep

Upwork
1f48c3ee
Community Member

I am beginner and recently I have completed my first contract and got to know that we need to add tax information and pancard. I added. But still I got that red line saying verify your tax details or else you will get 5% tds. I thought it was a glitch but from my client payment 5% tds was taken. What should I do? How should i verify now.

Dear Sajiya S:

If you have provided the tax information, it will take some time to reflect it to your profile. If you have urgency you can log off and log in again, I think it will work.

Regards.

Hi Sajiya,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
devsnyder
Community Member

Hi Avery,

My TAX details are already updated and verified however Upwork is still withholding 5% instead of 1% from my payments. Could you please look into this issue.

Regards,

Debasis Mishra

867f2a3c
Community Member

Hi AveryO,

I already added my pan number and its verified but now its showing tax deduction/TDS Is 5%  and i already linked my aadhar number (identification number in india).

Please help me 

jitesh75
Community Member

My tax id is verified but I receive an email from upwork saying that your Tax id is not verified. I can see my deducted TDS in my traces.

One day before, I got an email from upwork saying that your tax id has been verified.

What should I do? Please suggest.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jitesh, 

I apologize for the delay. We are still looking into this further, and we'll come back here once we have more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jitesh, 

This should now be resolved. Thank you for patiently waiting.

~ Avery
Upwork

Completely frustrated situation with my PAN verification process.  Anyone facing like the same problem, which was happened with me? I received one email that my PAN was verified (8.31 PM, IST), few minutes later I received another email that "Upwork was unable to verify my PAN" (8.48 PM, IST), Yes, this was happend today, just few hours before.  Please check attached both screenshots. How it is possible, once my PAN was verified and few minutes later that was going to unverify status? 
Already contacted with Upwork Support Agent, she suggested "Kindly reenter your details on your Tax Information page so we can validate it again." My question, how many times, I need to delete and re-enter my PAN details? As already I have deleted and re-entered my PAN details two times. Note that, Those who will not remediate their ID status will be charged a higher 5% withholding tax in India starting April. 
Expecting your opinions.
Sutapa

In India we're supposed to pay taxes in each quarter, There is a TDS amount of 1%  deducted(Pan number verified account) by upwork on each client payments. 

Now when I'm trying to pay advance tax to India Government, the TDS amount with holding from upwork is not reflected in India government tax portal against the PAN number, also the form 16 is also not available in Upwork for Indian freelancers, How can I claim that this 1% is deducted and paid by upwork, So that I can pay only the remaining amount during advance tax payment

Please help us with more details

Hi Chandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am facing the same issue here..It was verified before..for some reason i got email to verify it again..I have added thrice but it keep failing. It would be great if someone could help here. Thansks in Advance!!!

086060a3
Community Member

I have faced issues with verifying a PAN number. I have readded my PAN number a few times but each time the verification has been failing. A few days ago I readded a PAN number. The verification is still pending. Can somebody please help me to verify the PAN detail?
Thank you.

After re-adding the PAN number, give some time to Upwork; within a few days, it gets verified.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Paresh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

You can find more information here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d0d61b47
Community Member

Hi Team,

Hope you are well.

I have uploaded my PAN in Upwork profile since a two weeks but my Pan card showing still in Pending verification.

Can you please check asap?

Thanks.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jalpa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have resubmitted PAN 3 to 4 times still i did not get stataus of PAN. i am loosing my money of tax.

How much time did take for a Manual verification?

Hope you are understand.

Thanks.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jalpa,

When you initially added your PAN and the status was pending, no other actions were needed on your end. You automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Team,

I have added the PAN number. But still, it shows PAN pending verification.

Any other methods to complete this verification?

Regards,

Krishna Maurya

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Krishna,

~ AJ
Upwork
bavadiya-vishal
Community Member

I want to update my Tax Identification and I am not able to update the Legal Taxpayer Name it's auto-filled from the client profile I want my name on Legal Taxpayer Name
Also, how can I close my client profile?
thanks 
Vishal

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vishal, 

Please edit your Form W-8BEN first by clicking on the pencil icon. Once edited, please delete your Tax Identification (ID) and re-add it again. 

As for closing the client account, I'll go ahead and close your client account as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members