🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork Desktop App Frozen
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App Frozen

My Upwork desktop app has frozen on the most recent hourly project I booked work time on.

Clicking on any element of the app pop-up has no effect and I can't go back to see the list of all my hourly projects.

I tried reinstalling the app, but that has had no helpful effect.

7 REPLIES 7
baturr
Community Member

Same here

Hi Will and Batur,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the desktop app. I can see that you have already submitted a support ticket. Rest assured that one of our agents will check and assist you directly to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alusik
Community Member

I have the same problem,  my upwork time tracker doesn't work

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alina,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Joanne Marie,

I followed the instructions I received from your support person, but doing so has created a raft of problems that I now have to figure out how to fix. 

After restarting my laptop, this One Drive pop-up appears on my screen:

“This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”

Also, all of the icons on my desktop are now greyed out. I can invoke them as usual with a left button double-click, but I’d like to see them clearly, as was the case before “fixing” Upwork’s installation.

After your colleague’s “fix” my email client (Windows Mail) shut down immediately after I open it. I have re-installed that app, but that has introduced its own set of problems not least with the error message, "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email administrator. To sync xxx email you'll need to change your settings. If I click on the "Learn more" but it is less than helpful." But I haven't changed my device from since before I "fixed" Upwork.

I can’t invoke my Firefox browser by clicking on the desktop icon. When I try, I see this pop-up message:

“Firefox is already running, but is not responding. The old Firefox process must be closed to open a new window.”

And that pop-up appears repeatedly after I click on “Close Firefox” for as long as my computer is on.

I have subsequently installed the latest Windows 11 update, which resolved none of the above problems.

I’m now going to have to waste no telling how much time getting all of these problems resolved. I wish I could charge Upwork for my lost work time. Over two hours so far, and counting...

omarsign
Community Member

I am in the same problem. The app is frizzed. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. But, no fixes. Now, I am afraid, how I will track and log my working hour in Upwork!

Hi Omar,

You can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

Click your name at the lower left of the app
Select Support and Feedback
Enter the details of your issue and click Send

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members