🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Proposal
Page options
saniatariq119
Community Member

Upwork Proposal

Hello community members, I have a question. Can you all please tell me the length of an ideal proposal send to the client. I mean how many words should be there -?

6 REPLIES 6
elisa_b
Community Member

Not too short (you would look superficial and uninterested), not too long (the client will get probably bored). It's up to you and your sensitivity. 

Of course, it depends much on what you have to say in order to persuade the client. 

I often opt for with 4-5 short paragraphs, separated by blank lines for readability.

I agree that you should find a middle ground that is enough to show your interest and qualifications but not so much that you overwhelm the client. It is also a good idea to include something specific in your proposal that shows you have fully read the project brief and understand what the client is looking for. My typical proposal is 3-5 paragraphs.

I would also consider that the length of your proposal should be tailored to the cost of the bid. Higher priced projects would require longer bids. And lower priced projects, shorter proposals.

naveelshehzad
Community Member

Just provide the solution to the client and keep the proposal length as short as you can.

williamtcooper
Community Member

75 to 100 words. Keep it short and to the point. Long proposals don't get read.

charismatimmons
Community Member

I keep my proposals under 100 words. It's only longer if the job post is detailed, but I do not go over 150 words. Then my proposal is a little longer because I address some of the details listed. It will show the client that you have read the entire post.

06edeed5
Community Member

The number of words aren't necessarily what's important, though it's not advisable to have a long proposal because you will bore the reader. What you should focus on is making sure your proposal gets the client impressed enough to want to visit your profile, and most importantly an ideal proposal should end with a call-to-action.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members