🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Scam
Page options
samir_ztoa
Community Member

Upwork Scam

for the last 2 weeks, I am getting msg from different clients.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

They are sending a link that asks to download the Rar file. Rar files contain the requirement and company profile.  somehow it shows fishy. 

do you get any kind of msg to you? do you think its a scam? because they are not providing any projects.

THanks

SAMIR

5 REPLIES 5
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

It's obviously a scam.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Samir,

Never click on any outside links unless you are already working with the client. Thanks!

celgins
Community Member

I do not get these types of messages, but this is definitely a scam.

bb1b5e4e
Community Member

Hello Samir, is this for a Clothing Brand that has more or less this message (see below)? 

I've received this 3x now and it comes from different people but always the same FB Page, Website. 

Have you ever run ads for any big company? Can you send me the results and the facebook pages and googleyou are managing and working with?

My company's target is potential customers aged 18-60, middle and high income people, the audience is UK, USA, Canada, Middle Eastern countries
The spending budget for this ad project is $20,000 per month and my company is running several different advertising projects
My company's 2022 revenue is 3 million dollars, 2023 target is estimated to be 5 million dollars and other facebook ads and other platforms

asoroiu
Community Member

I keep on getting the same scam messages as well. It's been crazy in the past months. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members