🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Time Tracker
Page options
phiegl
Community Member

Upwork Time Tracker

Hi Everyone,

I have a new project and the lady has been telling me to use the upwork time tracker. I am familiar with the work diary, but that tool is not activated for this project. She insists that there is an upwork time tracker, I just don't know what she means by that. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I am working in Upwork off my mac book. Thanks, Pamela

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have a new project and the lady has been telling me to use the upwork time tracker."

Any client has the right to require that a freelancer working for her use the desktop-based Upwork time tracker application.

Any freelancer has the right to refuse.

It actually makes a lot of sense for a freelancer to use the desktop time-tracker, because doing so provides the freelancer with Upwork Payment Protection. You should definitely strive to use this whenever possible.

re: "I am familar with the work diary, but that tool is not activated for this project."

If this is an hourly contract, then the desktop-based time-tracker CAN INDEED be used for the project.

re: "She insists that there is an upwork time tracker"

She is correct.

re: "I just don't know what she means by that. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?"

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064088-Install-the-Desktop-App

It is good to use this.

You should know that some freelancers never use the desktop app, but there are more who PREFER to use it whenever they have hourly contracts. In fact, there are many freelances who ONLY work while using the desktop time-tracker application.

One of the things that is so great about it is this: If the client doesn't pay me for any reason, then Upwork pays me out of their own pocket. Because I use the desktop time-tracker application and I follow the simple rules for Payment Protection.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members