🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Tracker
Page options
reyanshseo
Community Member

Upwork Tracker

I have owned a freelancer profile on Upwork and I am also working as an employee for another Upwork freelancer. Now he wants me to log in his Upwork tracker into my PC. Would it create any kind of problem for me or for him, if I do so? Please answer.

10 REPLIES 10
mipaparazzi
Community Member

It would not cause any issue but I don't think its correct to use a profile not belonging to you, if discovered can get a ban permanently.

Yes, you are right! but..... I am not using his profile. I am an employee of his that's why I am wondering if I log in to his Upwork Tracker on my pc...  can you please make me more clear about it or if you can give me some idea not to be baned permanently.

It is a serious violation of Upwork TOS for any Upwork user to log into another Upwork user’s Upwork account.

You must never let another person know your Upwork login username and password.

You must never know another user’s login name and password.

A freelancer caught violating these rules may face serious consequences including losing access to their earnings, reversal of payments, suspension and permanent account termination.

Preston, Can this be resolved by setting up an agency?

re: "Can this be resolved by setting up an agency?"

If people want to work together on the same contract, then an agency is one way to do so which is supported by Upwork.

But even within the context of working together as an agency, freelancers do not log into each other's Upwork accounts.

Of course they don't. That's what the agency account is for, right?

Is there any prohibition against a freelancer having their own account while also being active within an agency arrangement?

An Upwork freelancer can work independently AND can work as a member of an agency.

When an agency member applies to a job, he can apply as an independent freelancer, or as a member of an agency.

A posted job can hire an agency or an independent freelancer.

If a job is awarded to an agency (or in other words, if a client hires an agency), then individual freelancers log in using their own credentials, and they log time using their own freelancer account. But payment goes directly to the agency.

Preston H wrote:

If a job is awarded to an agency (or in other words, if a client hires an agency), then individual freelancers log in using their own credentials, and they log time using their own freelancer account. 

That's not how it works. It's never worked like that. The client needs to hire the individual agency member(s)/agency freelancer(s). The client can't "hire an agency" and then different people can track time, That isn't how agencies work at all. It never was. I have no idea where you get that idea from.

Preston H wrote:

re: "Can this be resolved by setting up an agency?"

If people want to work together on the same contract, then an agency is one way to do so which is supported by Upwork.

No, it is not. Two freelancers can't work on one contract even in an agency. The client would have to hire both freelancers, each with their own contract either through the agency or independently. The only difference is that through an agency the funds go to the agency.

But contracts can't be shared either way and nor can the tracker, even within an agency setting.

Fortune A wrote:

It would not cause any issue 

Well, a permanent ban is "an issue", isn't it? What a weird answer! The OP must not use the other person's tracker. That would indeed lead to a ban as soon as it is discovered.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

There you have it, Nitin.

A solution to your problem.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members