🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork desktop app stuck at loading scree...
Page options
alejosandu
Community Member

Upwork desktop app issue when starting

Hi, im trying to start the desktop app but the app just stays loading, i tried uninstalling it, but i think there still some data to delete somewhere. tried open as admin and the same result.

some idea?

current version installed: v.5.4.71

imagen_2020-10-05_115955.png

EDIT: the app starts but nothing else happens just keep loading.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We'd like to confirm that the issue has been resolved. To launch the App, you may need to  shut it down or "kill" it via system tools. On Mac it can be done via Activity Monitor utility. On Windows you will need to open Task Manager, find Upwork under Processes tab, select, click End task.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

102 REPLIES 102

Desktop App not working on Windows 10 - 1909

Can you make a backup Time Tracker online?

That would be nice!

same, cannot work today!

For me, the same, app was broken 1h ago

any updates from @Upwork team?

Not sure what location this should be posted.

scofano
Community Member

And now I tried to download V.5.4.71 and it is not working either...

stays loading forever.

The app just keeps spinning in macOS Catalina!
Please help!!
I have work to do!!!

Same thing here... I'm waiting for the fix but my shift is not finished, so it is URGENT.

Same problem on Windows

bosuch
Community Member

Same problem with 5.4.7.1 on Windows

scofano
Community Member

Can you guys try to contact the support? I did it but Agent Fred said he would connect me to freelancer support and I'm hanging on chat for about 10 minutes without any response.

I have downloaded the UpWork desktop app on my computer. It has me agree to the terms and when I click "accept" it looks like its launching the app. The only problem is, it stays on the "Loading Upwork v.5.4.7.1" screen and I get the spinning wheel of doom FOREVER. It never moves past this step. I have tried force stopping, I have tried restarting my computer, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times (and yes, I deleted ALL UpWork related things on my computer first). 

I need help! I have a newer Mac and just downloaded the most recent system update. 

Same issue on a Linux machine.
Logs state issues with the files hosted on AWS for Upwork.
Example is:
https://upwork-usw2-desktopapp.upwork.com/webapp/scripts/main.js

Thank you for your response! I am unfamiliar with what that means.

I don't think I posted my issue in the correct group! Sorry!

It seems the problems has been fixed by Upwork.

I confirmed that now I can open the Upwork Desktop App. normally on Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate.

Thanks!

Works for me!

Hi,

Upwork desktop App is stuck at loading screen, I tried reinstalling but facing the same Issue. It says loading and keeps on loading what should I do?

Thanks.

d917399f
Community Member

me too!

I am facing same issue

I got stuck here(attached screenshot). I opened a case that is still open for the past 48 hours. I tied some troubleshooting like changing updating multiple times, restart the system, opened as administrator, disabled antivirus, change of devices as well as the internet but no solution yet. currently having an hourly contract and the client is refusing to add manual hours

Hi Malik,

I've escalated your concern to th team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Bojan, I followed your instructions and disabled the Google Sign-in but the time tracker is frozen on my desktop. What other troubleshooting can you recommend?

My Upwork Desktop client on Windows 10 environment is not working. It prompted me that a new update was ready. I pressed the later button. Later one I closed the UpWork Desktop app and relaunched it in the hope that it will update and relaunch the app. It keeps on the loading screen saying Load Upwork v.5.4.7.1 and never finishes loading the app. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled but still the same issue persists. Even tried restarting my machine and tried 64 and 32 bit versions but it stays on the loading screen

I'm facing the same issue at my desktop app.

Upwork desktop app not working please help???

I sure hope they manage to fix this today,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members