🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork desktop app issue when starting
Page options
alejosandu
Community Member

Upwork desktop app issue when starting

Hi, im trying to start the desktop app but the app just stays loading, i tried uninstalling it, but i think there still some data to delete somewhere. tried open as admin and the same result.

some idea?

current version installed: v.5.4.71

imagen_2020-10-05_115955.png

EDIT: the app starts but nothing else happens just keep loading.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We'd like to confirm that the issue has been resolved. To launch the App, you may need to  shut it down or "kill" it via system tools. On Mac it can be done via Activity Monitor utility. On Windows you will need to open Task Manager, find Upwork under Processes tab, select, click End task.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

102 REPLIES 102

This doesn't work.

Could someone please assist urgently? I've been offline for 2 days

Hi Danielle,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

can you please share how did you sort that out

Hello Valeria. 
My Upwork time tracker v5.8.0.31 will not start, I have already killed the app and also restarted but the problem persists. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, allowing 3rd party cookies, removing the firewall, and even reverting time 15 days in the past in the computer. I have also tried downloading the 64 and 32-bit version and also the beta but it all stays the same, been having this issue since 08/05/2023 I have already notified chat support about this situation but have not received much of a solution. 
The Internet connection is strong and I am trying to work on an ASUS core i5 laptop.
Can you please advise? 

arielmurillo_0-1691414052016.png

zenrockstar
Community Member

I use UpWork desktop app for Windows 10. The app cannot be loaded tonight. I see an endless download screen.

image.png

I tried it:
-Reboot
-reinstallation

But this does not help. Any advice - the client is waiting, I can't start work.

waltwhitman
Community Member

Same here.

It worked for a while, now again I'm having the same issue.

I haven't been able to access the app for almost an entire day (Windows 10).  I have tried reinstalling. I have tried killing process via task manager. It appears in my open processes tray but nothing happens when I click on it. Frustrating to read that the problem is supposedly resolved.

Hi Morris, 

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I have shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. You may also want to check out the troubleshooting steps available here to help with desktop app issues.

~ Joanne
Upwork
715a1c25
Community Member

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issue and have rebooted and reinstalled.

Upwork troubleshooting.PNG

Could support please assist me as soon as possible?

Hi Danielle,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue face, can you help to fix issue.

img_20201224.png

Hi Jayesh,

I've shared your concern with the Time Tracker App with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5ec1e485
Community Member

Hello I'm getting trouble for logging into my account via desktop app. It is stuck on the screen attached. Capture.PNG

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thak You for your prompt response. But kindly fix it at earliest as I have to start working.

ounkazmi
Community Member

I am unable to use Upwork Desktop App. It just stuck on loading pop up screen and don't progress. Urgent help needed!

Hi Oun,

Could you please try to shut the Desktop App down or "kill" it via system tools before trying to open it again? On Mac, it can be done via the Activity Monitor utility. On Windows, you will need to open Task Manager, find Upwork under the Processes tab, select, click End task. If that doesn't help, please try reinstalling and let us know if the issue perists.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
arielmurillo
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team. 
My Upwork time tracker v5.8.0.31 will not start, I have already killed the app and also restarted but the problem persists. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, allowing 3rd party cookies, removing the firewall, and even reverting time 15 days in the past in the computer. I have also tried downloading the 64 and 32-bit version and also the beta but it all stays the same, been having this issue since 08/05/2023 I have already notified chat support about this situation but have not received much of a solution. 
The Internet connection is strong and I am trying to work on an ASUS core i5 laptop.
Can you please advise? 

arielmurillo_1-1691414773604.png

Hi Ariel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Could you please try following the steps the support team shared with you? If you need further assistance feel free to follow up with our team directly on your ticket and they will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
sahmediqbal
Community Member

Hi, 

I am encountering the same issue as described in this thread. I am using windows 10. The previous version of the desktop app was working fine. When the new version updated itself, it got stuck on loading...

I used task manager to stop the loading app, uninstalled the app from control panel, set the real-time virus protection to off, downloaded the windows 64 version from upwork website, executed the desktop exe file, it got installed, but is stuck on loading...(see attached screen shot) Upwk Desktop app loading.png

Hi Syed Ahmed,

Please check out this help article for steps on how you can troubleshoot the Upwork Desktop App. If the issue persists, please feel free to come back here so we can help you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sahmediqbal
Community Member

Hi, 

I am encountering a problem with the new version (5.8.0.31) of the desktop app. The app is stuck on loading...

I am using windows 10. 

The previous version was working fine. The desktop app updated itself and after that it just got stuck on loading...(see attached screen shot)

I stopped the app from task manager, uninstalled the app from control panel, turned off the real time virus protection, downloaded the upwork desktop exe file for windows 64 from the upwork website, executed the file, it installed but then gets stuck on loading...Desktop app remains stuck on loading...Desktop app remains stuck on loading...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths