🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork don't support laminated NID?
Page options
9f918db3
Community Member

Upwork don't support laminated NID?

This is a new account I created just to clear some confusions. I will close this account as soon as I get my answers. Upwork recently asked me to verify my identity. Until I verify myself, I can't login to my account. So I submitted a laminated national id card. But upwork says they don’t accept laminated national ID card. We don’t have any other type of national ID card. The only other thing I can do is upload a printed NID copy without laminating or send the pdf file I downloaded from official nid website.
Note: I don’t have physical ID card. Due to corona pandemic government provided only online copy to all the peoples of bangladesh. And we print, laminate and use it everywhere.
Please upwork tell me what should I do? I don’t have a passport, driving license or any other way to verify. My balance is also on hold. So I can't withdraw them or contact my clients either. Please take a look into this and give me a solution.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Risvi,

Giving access from one account to another is not possible. The team will continue assisting you on your ticket so please allow some time to receive an update. As noted earlier, it's a serious violation of TOS to have multiple accounts so I suggest closing your newly created one.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Risvi,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon! If you have any questions about the verification, I suggest posting them there directly so the team can continue assisting you.

Kindly close your newly created account in order not to violate Upwork's Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you please mark this issue as a high priority? I told them about the issue. But the team takes too long to reply. That’s why I asked the question here. It's urgent and I need to withdraw my upwork balance as soon as possible.

Also can you please give access to that account so I can login and ask questions through that account? Seems like I lost my top rated badge as well because of this hold.

Hi Risvi,

Giving access from one account to another is not possible. The team will continue assisting you on your ticket so please allow some time to receive an update. As noted earlier, it's a serious violation of TOS to have multiple accounts so I suggest closing your newly created one.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes. I will close my newly created account right now. Thanks.

I can't communicate with my real account. That's why I had to create this one. I will close this account as soon as my issue is solved.

Hello upwork,

In bangladesh, all of our ID cards are either laminated or printed on paper. I don’t have a passport or driving license. The one I submitted to upwork is my real ID card. Our government gave this ID card to we bangladeshi peoples so we can print it and laminate it and use it everywhere to verify our identity. Our government is giving a new kind of ID card as well which is called smart card. but that isn’t available to everyone yet. It will take a few years to be available for everyone. The current nid card we have is completely valid. You can check this on our government website: https://services.nidw.gov.bd/voter_center , But even though it's completely valid and you can check it's legitimacy, upwork still not accepting it.
I don’t have any other form of papers to verify my Identity. I am providing completely valid ID card to you. Please take this into consideration and let me know what I can do. It’s a valid national ID card, most of the peoples in our country uses this card to verify our identity. Only a 5% of people got the smart NID card. I don't know driving so I can't get a driving license. And I never wen't abroad and I don't have a plan to do so. That's why I don't have any passport either. So the National ID card is the only way I can prove my identity.
Thanks,
Best Regards,
Risvi **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Risvi,

If you have any questions, you need to post them on your email ticket directly so the team can assist you further. Note that the team replies to the tickets in the order they were received and in some cases, it can take more than 48 hours to receive an update.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes. I understand. But I verified my ID before with the same ID card. Then why they are not accepting it now? I have to go through all this trouble because my account was hacked? Even though they reply via tickets but they don't answer all my questions. If I ask 5 questions, they answers for only one. It's urdgent and I don't have any other way to verify myself. That's why I had to post it here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members