🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Watch out for this client.
Page options
m_partin
Community Member

Watch out for this client.

Hello,

I did some work for a client named **Edited for community guidelines**. The project was to model out a cartoon, 3D representation of a person named **Edited for community guidelines** so that **Edited for community guidelines**can consistantly draw him. We agreed that he would pay half of my fee up front then the other half once the project was finished. He paid the half up front fee with no issues. When I saw the contract, everything looked fine so I began work. There was some back and forth which was to be expected but the project was completed and submitted successfuly.

I asked if he can release the remaining amount. He didnt answer. I contacted him a couple more times and politely requested he release what he owes. Again, no answer. I went into the contract to see what I can do and it turns out he never funded the second milestone even though the number was there and the total for the completed contract was the correct amount. Upwork is useless in helping since this doesn't fall into their "payment protection". The site also isn't very intuitive when reporting people hence why I'm here.

I understand this is partly my fault for not going over the contract completely, making this is a costly lesson. I've also been doing freelance on Upwork for a very long time (over 10 years) and this is the first time someone got away with not paying what he owes. Either way, be warned that **Edited for community guidelines**is dishonest and if he tries to make a contract with you, be very careful when looking it over.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members