🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » We want changes
Page options
efc29a90
Community Member

We want changes

I think upwork should take care of this matter seriously now. A lot of times clients do not release the fund and left leave. So only the "submit work and request payment" option remains for us which takes 14 days.

But the question is why should I wait for TWO WEEKS for that work which took me just two hours ????? If upwork can charge for connects, then why can't upwork reduce the time ?

If a client just forgets to pay, why it should cost me this long ? 

Two days ago I requested for payment and sent further message to approve that but he didn't even respond. By force, I talked with upwork to solve this and Upwork sent him mail. And after that my clients responded saying "you should get paid in a few days after you request" 

He thinks that was the common way for payments. He doesn't understand that he should approve it.

Another client was not paying me without any reason. Everyday he comes online but doesn't reply. Isn't it weired ?? You can't even close or cancel it as you will lose the payment. And then you will have wait for those 14 days!!!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
williamtcooper
Community Member

Yes that is the Terms of Service of the site that all freelancers have to deal with.

2ef54d61
Community Member

14 days isn't crazy wait when you consider most people in regular jobs get paid every 2 weeks or even once a month. 

dataextract
Community Member

14 days waiting period is for the clients to check the work.

But Upwork should consider these 14 days also in their holding period. Because even after 14 days of hold still Upwork takes few more days to allow the funds available for withdrawal.

atlinguist
Community Member

I understand your quandary but would not include myself in the "we." I prefer fourteen days to view any work product a freelancer sends me, especially during busy times when I may not have the time to check the work product immediately or thoroughly. Anyone working for me last week would have had to wait, as I was in hospital. So I think fourteen days is fair. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members