🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What's the best way to withdraw payment for f...
Page options
jcprollamante
Community Member

What's the best way to withdraw payment for freelancers based in the Philippines?

Hello, 

I just got my first job a few days ago (yey) and I've started this topic to prep myself once "Get Paid Now" becomes available. Smiley Happy

I've seen threads the same as this one but most of them were from 2016 and 2017 (not sure if there were changes since then). 

I have a BDO debit account and a PNB Tap Debit Master card account. I thought of withdrawing the funds to either of these two accounts but I changed my mind since I didn't agree with the fees associated with the fund transfer. Below are the current corresponding fees per the email response I got from BDO & PNB.

PNB - Php 450.00        - for credit to a PNB Peso account 
BDO - Inward FXTT - USD for credit to Peso Account - Php 100 + Doc stamp (Php
0.30 for every Php 200 or a fraction thereof)

Could someone please let me know which local bank has minimal to no fees associated for withdrawing my Upwork funds and how long should it take based on your experience.

Warm Regards,

Jc

4 REPLIES 4
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Best way (cheapest) is to use Pay Pal.

My brother use BDO, I use PNB. Either accounts doesn't get charged by the respective branch although $rate is lower (referring to upwork to bank transfer). Both are the same 1$ rate from upwork and we get the money by Thursday 7pm.
petra_r
Community Member

John Carlo P wrote:

I have a BDO debit account and a PNB Tap Debit Master card account. I thought of withdrawing the funds to either of these two accounts but I changed my mind since I didn't agree with the fees associated with the fund transfer. Below are the current corresponding fees per the email response I got from BDO & PNB.

PNB - Php 450.00        - for credit to a PNB Peso account 
BDO - Inward FXTT - USD for credit to Peso Account - Php 100 + Doc stamp (Php
0.30 for every Php 200 or a fraction thereof)

You can ignore any fees that the bank charges for deposits in USD - because the money comes into your acount in local currency, not in US Dollars, but the exchange rate aplied by the banks Upwork uses is notoriously poor.

52ef1174
Community Member

Hi JC,

Were you able to withdraw your funds using your PNB Tap Debit Mastercard?

Barbs  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members