🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What should I do about feedback?
Page options
a_giakoumpini
Community Member

What should I do about feedback?

Hello everyone,

I had worked for this client for about two months when she had an issue with another member of the team, which resulted in a general issue on the platform we were working on. My job up until that point was going well and she told me to wait for her to check the platform. Then, she disappeared for a couple of weeks. I send her an email, asking what I should do and she told me that she got called away and would reply to me when she got back in the office, the following day. I replied ok and that I was there for anything she needed. Up until that point, there were no issues with our collaboration. We had regular contact and she was satisfied with the results. Then, she did not send me anything for over a year and yesterday she ended the contract without any other contact. I didn't end it myself because most of my clients keep an hourly contract open and just send me their requests whenever they need something, so it's not uncommon to go silent for many months. I didn't contact her or pressure her at first because of that, plus, I knew there were other issues. After a point, I just didn't know what to do and let it continue. Of course, there were no charges in the meantime. 

Now I don't know what kind of feedback to leave. We had a good collaboration but then she disappeared. And, I am a bit worried that she will leave negative feedback because I didn't close the contract or try to contact her again. What should I do? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You did nothing wrong. I hope that I don't offend you, but you might have a tendency to be too nice or people pleasing. That is entirely unnecessary. The ball was in the client's court to contact you. There is no reason why they would leave bad feedback, so stop worrying about it. And your rate is too low. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
florydev
Community Member

I think we all have one of these eventually.  I had a guy disappear on me during the pandemic and as much as it would have been nice to have the work I would actually just like to know that he is ok.  Something happened and I don't know what but I can tell you what I decided.

I am not going to let a job sit out there and wait for a client who has disappeared to close it.  The reason is I don't know who it might be that is closing it and I don't know what they might do with it.  Better to close it myself and just let it be.

The review I left was just another message to the client and basically said: 

Job was great, client was great, don't know what happened but client disappeared.

robin_hyman
Community Member

I agree with Mark. Close the contract yourself and leave honest feedback. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

You can't know what your client's feedback, if any, has been until you leave feedback, so take that out of the equation and leave an honest and concise review of your experience with the client.

I often close idle projects and usually include in my feedback something along the lines of "I closed the project myself after two months of no communication with the client." I also add, "Would gladly re-start the project at the client's option." - if that's true.

As the client has closed the contract, feedback has already been left for certain as it is impossible to close a contract without doing so.

So the "feedback received" is already done and dusted. The only question now is whether the OP wants to leave feedback to the client or not.

If she doesn't, the client's feedback will show 14 days after the contract has been closed and the JSS will be affected, for better or worse, at the next update on the 13th.

florydev
Community Member

That's my bad, I missed that particular detail, thought the client had long ghosted.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You did nothing wrong. I hope that I don't offend you, but you might have a tendency to be too nice or people pleasing. That is entirely unnecessary. The ball was in the client's court to contact you. There is no reason why they would leave bad feedback, so stop worrying about it. And your rate is too low. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members