🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When client history says Hires 2 but spent $0
Page options
salima-noorani
Community Member

When client history says Hires 2 but spent $0

Hi,

A client's details show he has hired 2 but spent $0.He has a 67% hire rate. There is no work history shown no job in progress no reviews. The client claims in the job post that he is based in South Korea but his location says he is from the US. 

is it that he has hired but asked for a refund or canceled contract? What am I missing here? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Salima N wrote:

is it that he has hired but asked for a refund or canceled contract? 

Yes, that's most likely the case. Freelancers often give full refunds to clients in order to wipe bad reviews off of their profiles, so it's possible that he's a demanding client; however, the other side of the coin is that there are also plenty of bad freelancers on this website, so he might have just gotten unlucky and justifably cancelled projects with people who were incompetent or didn't meet deadlines. But I wouldn't bid on that project if I were you; new freelancers can't afford to take any chances.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Salima N wrote:

is it that he has hired but asked for a refund or canceled contract? 

Yes, that's most likely the case. Freelancers often give full refunds to clients in order to wipe bad reviews off of their profiles, so it's possible that he's a demanding client; however, the other side of the coin is that there are also plenty of bad freelancers on this website, so he might have just gotten unlucky and justifably cancelled projects with people who were incompetent or didn't meet deadlines. But I wouldn't bid on that project if I were you; new freelancers can't afford to take any chances.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members