🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where does proposal's connects are based?
Page options
de_ocampo-kariz_
Community Member

Where does proposal's connects are based?

Where does 16 connects, 12, 8, 4 based?

Is it by total spent of client? Age of membership? Quality of job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kariz,

Thank you for your message. The number of Connects for the job is based on various factors such as type of job, client's budget, length of the project, etc. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
debi-f
Community Member

Hi!

I work here for 13 years. Upwork changed in these last 2 years, there are more freelancers and there are many scammers. And, I think, Upwork is doing a business with the connects. They ask up to 16 connects per job, you have to buy connects, you pay Upwork for that, moreover if you boost your bid. There are freelancers boosting with up to 50 bids!

Some suggestions to avoid scammers and search for real clients and jobs: 

• Don't search jobs only at “Find Work”.
  • Go to the “Search for job” space to apply “Filters”.
  • One of them is “Payment verified” (although today there are scammers with payment verified and Upwork is not checking it, it could help).
  • Other Filter is “Client history. Check if he posted other jobs, if he hired other freelancers, feedbacks, etc.   
  • Check the Date since the client is a member. Usually the scammers are members from the same day they post their jobs, and they didn't hire anyone. 
  • DON'T BID for jobs that ask for +20, +40 languages translation, or they publish a list of 15 languages, or invitations too good to be true, even when they have their payment verified. They verify their payment from different countries every day. 
  • DON'T APPLY and don't connect if they publish a link (telegram, mail, skype, etc.). DON'T contact them outside Upwork. 
  • DON'T BOOST YOUR BIDS. If you do it, you are paying to Upwork for finding a job instead of earning money from your work. Serious clients will find the best options according to your skills and not the amount of bids you use.  And, Upwork will not do a business with the connects, so maybe they will care about scammers and avoid them. And we will find more real and good clients. 

I hope this could help... 

0b21f8b5
Community Member

This was very helpful, thank you!

Thanks for your input but stll I want to know where does the number of connects are based of?

Hi Kariz,

Thank you for your message. The number of Connects for the job is based on various factors such as type of job, client's budget, length of the project, etc. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Great

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members