🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where is my money for the work I completed
Page options
604eea8f
Community Member

Where is my money for the work I completed

I am a new frelancer to this Upwork platform, yet , not new to freelance working. I am trying to figure out "what" is the process for recieving your money through fast pay, when the client company approves your "payment" for services rendered. There doesnt seem to be any clearly defined explaination in the areas that I was reading. Assistance is requested.

10 REPLIES 10
celgins
Community Member

Your profile shows no active contracts. You will only get paid through Upwork when a contract is started between you and your client. Otherwise, you started work incorrectly and provided services for free.

This happens a lot when scammers contact freelancers and convince them to provide work for free.

Did you apply to a job? If so, is the job still showing on Upwork?

604eea8f
Community Member

Excuse me! I don't know what you are talking about. Additionally, who exactly are you? How are you able to "check" my account? Your behavior is highly questionable.

elisa_b
Community Member

Clark was just trying to help. FYI, you can see everybody's profile just by clicking on their names.

So, do you have a contract on Upwork in the first place?

Donna, take a deep breath. You came here and posted. Clark responded and is trying to help you. Anyone can see your profile, and when someone is in trouble, it is normal to try and see what is going on in their profile. You initiated this by posting in the community forum. Clark did not overstep in any way. He is trying to help you because you posted. There is nothing "questionable" about his actions. If you looked at the forum, Clark and others spend a heck of a lot of time, for completely free, trying to help people who mostly haven't bothered to read the rules.

You have not bothered to complete your profile, and I doubt you have read the Terms of Service or been to the Upwork Academy, which you need to do immediately before you are scammed again.

You do not have any jobs. There is nothing showing ever. No past jobs, no current jobs, period. This means you were not hired legitimately, and have no contract, and broke the rules. If you can show me an Upwork contract for this job, I will retract my comments.

You are going to be scammed, because you haven't learned or aren't following the rules. If you want to freelance and not be scammed, learn the rules and spend time in the Academy until you understand and are willing to follow the rules.

b9daae08
Community Member

I might be in a similar situation with an unresponsive client as well. I can understand the aspect of doing the work but when the contract ends is what is still puzzling not knowing how to get your pay and not knowing if the contract is truly finished or you just keep on working.

elisa_b
Community Member

Have you taken the Academy courses? Before trying to get any work, it is necessary to get familiar with rules and good practices to stay safe. Upwork is a dangerous place, full of scammers. 

b9daae08
Community Member

I did take some of the Academy introductory courses and got a badge recently and am now getting a glimps of whats going around and what needs to be done and to be aware of. From my side, the active job status was there a couple of weeks ago but right now that text is missing. Does that mean that the contractis completed as of yet I have an unresponsive client. Its been over a month since the manager responded to my messages in the upwork message box as well

elisa_b
Community Member

There are no contracts on your profile, if there was a closed contract it should be there. 

It's common for scammers to exploit newcomers. Only work with an official Upwork contract in place, milestone-based or hourly. You should really understand how contracts work and how to use them properly, it is dangerous to use Upwork without knowing exactly what you are doing. 

e909e4fc
Community Member

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the process for receiving payment for the work I have completed on the Upwork platform.

While I am relatively new to Upwork, I am not new to freelance work, and I want to ensure that I understand the payment process correctly. Specifically, I am interested in knowing how the Fast Pay feature works when a client company approves payment for the services I have provided.

I have been browsing through the available resources and **Edited for Community Guidelines** on the platform, but I have not been able to find a clear and detailed explanation of how this process works. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in providing some guidance on the steps and requirements for receiving payments through Fast Pay.

Your support in helping me navigate this aspect of Upwork would be immensely helpful as I continue to establish myself as a freelancer on this platform.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and guidance.

Warm regards,

517f6f17
Community Member

To receive payment for your completed work on Upwork, as a new freelancer, you can use the Fast Pay option once the client company approves your payment. However, the process may not be clearly defined in the materials you've read. You can request assistance from Upwork support or consult their help resources for step-by-step guidance on how to use Fast Pay and receive your earnings promptly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members