🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Upwork Mediation process is against the f...
Page options
akashk6858
Community Member

Why Upwork Mediation process is against the freelancers?

Hello Everyone,

I have a dispute with a client. The client just wasted my time on this project but I feel the real issue is the mediation process is always against the freelancers. So, here is what happened till now.
The client budget for the milestone is $550 but there was a lot more work in this milestone and the client was not explaining the tasks properly and was giving a lot of extra changes. I managed to do the tasks but after a month client said I don't trust your work and refused to pay. I have filed a dispute and in the mediation process, I got ready on $350 only but still client asked to go for arbitration and not replied to messages a week but still upwork gave him a lot of time and not said anything. I have reported to the mediation agent and now today is the last day for the client to pay the arbitration fee as client took another 6 days to reply and today asked that how to proceed for arbitration. 

After this dispute, my job success score dropped from 98 to 96 and now 94 this month because of this project. This is only the client who is responsible for everything and I am the one who is paying for someone else mistakes. Upwork mediation policies are fully against the freelancers.

1. I have worked on a project and the client refused to pay and wasted my time and efforts
2. I have paid the money earned from other projects and the client again wasted my 15 days
3. My job success score dropped 2 times.

Can any let me know what was my mistake here and why my scores dropped? Is this not against the freelancer?

Thanks,
Sandeep

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hello Sandeep,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear about the recent experience with your client and how you feel about the Mediation process. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I have passed this along to the appropriate team. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members