🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why can't I contact support? A bot can't ...
Page options
168b5253
Community Member

Why can't I contact support? A bot can't resolve my issue

Why can't I contact support on Upwork? Freelancer.com's support is live 24/7. 

5 REPLIES 5
00980f62
Community Member

Same issue... 

LuiggiR

Hi Quintin,

I'm sorry you're having trouble contacting support. Can you please share more information about the issue you're trying to contact support for? We'll be happy to escalate it to the team if needed.

In addition, here's how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Chat with Upwork its not enough.

tjmisny
Community Member

I agree, Quintin - Why are we paying all these fees off of our labor if we can't even get live support?  

yofazza
Community Member

It's not that uncommon.

It started a few years ago. Apparently, directing support request to "dumb documentation search helper bot" and also "community forum" is preferred by many internet services.

AWS (a giant cloud space rental) doesn't accept any support requests, unless you pay (again) for it. They direct questions from normal paying users, to forums.

(*) Dumb documentation search helper bot -- you know what I mean, it's like the current Upwork helper bot where it guesses which document they should suggest to us, based on what we feed into it.

Why dumb? Because doing the search on Google with site:thedocumentationdomain.com often provides better results.

A ChatGPT-based bot should improve it, and I've seen Upwork have it, I played with it twice, but it keeps disappearing. It's either:

• There are still techinical problems (with accuracy etc), or...
  • It's too expensive.

So we still end up with the dumb bot, and also us here helping Upwork's financial by answering questions in this forum.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members