🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why is there no supervision for companies tha...
Page options
quantifyagency
Community Member

Why is there no supervision for companies that create postulations?

Could someone please explain to me how this type of case can happen?

I don't think it is fair that the freelancer is asked for all his data, but someone who is looking to hire is not. There are many job offers that are false and invite the freelancer to spend their connects. There should be more supervision in this area.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose You just have to learn to spot the likely toe dippers, most people don't hire because they either aren't sure what they need, aren't actually authorized to pay the bill and someone else then says no or just get put off by something we'll never know about. Its a numbers game I would just just recommend doing more short proposals and it becomes less of a concern.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I don't think it is fair that the freelancer is asked for all his data, but someone who is looking to hire is not."

I think it is fair.

I DO NOT WANT clients and freelancers treated the same.

Here is an example:

Clients pay me money.

I don't pay them money.

See how that's different? If fair means that clients and freelancers are treated the same, then it is good that things aren't fair.

If you want more supervision of clients, then you need to PAY FOR THAT.

But I don't want to pay for that.

So right now, I am getting what I want:

Little supervision of clients.

More money.

Other freelancers presumably go to a different platform, where there is extensive supervision of clients, but freelancers pay 40% of their earnings to pay for the extra supervision, instead of the fees we pay on Upwork, which start at 20% and quickly go down to 10%.

There are clients I work for whose name I don't know. Don't know where they live. Don't know what they look like. That's fine with me as long as their money is green.

Woow you are so wrong, the whole thing that you think more supervision is not needed because it benefits you is just wrong.

Of course freelancers pay clients with our time. I didn't expect such a egocentric response.

Jose You just have to learn to spot the likely toe dippers, most people don't hire because they either aren't sure what they need, aren't actually authorized to pay the bill and someone else then says no or just get put off by something we'll never know about. Its a numbers game I would just just recommend doing more short proposals and it becomes less of a concern.

Great info Andrew! Thanks

re: "...the whole thing that you think more supervision is not needed because it benefits you is just wrong."

It benefits all of us equally.

You receive the same discount on freelancer fees that I get by not having to pay extra.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members