🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Withdrawn Upwork Payments - InActive Taxp...
Page options
rizwan_seo4
Community Member

Withdrawn Upwork Payments - InActive Taxpayer (Status)

I want to withdraw my Upwork payments. Added all the information e.g. tax details as I belong to Pakistan. Pakistani Income Tax (FBR) is showing me an InActive taxpayer as I not submitted any return because I'm newly registered.

And the time period of submitting the tax return is June 2021.

My question is can I withdraw the Upwork payment as I'm an InActive taxpayer? Added all the information e.g. Business name etc.

Thank You!

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

If you filled out all the required tax information in your account, you can withdraw your earnings using any of the available payment methods. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I appreciate your quick response:)

Yeah, I added IBAN for wire transfer payments.

My only concern was that I'm not an active taxpayer and will Upwork allow me to withdraw the payments.

That is cool, so why they need my tax details if they will don't verify my active and InActive tax status?

Greetings!

Hi Muhammad,

If that's the case you should be able to withdraw your payments. When adding your tax information, you are required to fill the Form W-8BEN, which is used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You can check here to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members