🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to buy Connects - It shows payment...
Page options
Samiullah S Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
Saroj R Community Member

Its still not resolved. Any other billing method to buy connects?

Hi Saroj,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers in order to buy Connects: credit or debit card, PayPal, and Upwork balance. You can learn more here.

~Andrea
Saroj R Community Member

Still Not workedupwork 1.PNG

Hi Saroj,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Ashish D Community Member

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Saroj R Community Member

Yes But it could not help. I am not able to bid anymore due to no connects.
Thilak S Community Member

I'm facing an error every time, I have tried to buy a connects too many times from Agencies accounts but the process goes till payment method I put the OTP and after that my transaction is not successful. 

Kinldy request you help me on this.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Thilak,

Could you please try again using a different browser or after clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Thilak S Community Member

Hi,

Eventhough i'm facing the same issue.
I tried all the possibilities. Kindly help me further
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Thilak,

I'm sorry to hear that. I would just like to clarify, are you seeing any errors when you tried to purchase Connects? I can see that you already have successfully added your billing method on file. Could you please share a screenshot? However, if the issue is with your billing method's OTP, you might want to check with your issuing bank. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Vanitha M Community Member

Hello. I am unable to purchase connects. In the card details page it shows blank. I tried clearing cache and also multiple browsers (Chrome, opera) but it doesn't work. Please refer to the attachment. Kindly help

NOTE: For the first time before adding the card i was able to see the payment methods. Once i added the card the page looks blank everytime when i hit

Vanitha M Community Member

I tried in another browser but still the card detail page is blank. Please help.

Ramesh Kumar K Community Member

You have to add the card details in this page first

https://www.upwork.com/ab/payments/deposit-methods

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Vanitha,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Ahmed Enes B Community Member

I did my first job and I earn 10 dollars, but at first I used a nickname because I didn't know that I must use my real name, and I add my credit card informations my ID card. After that, there is a problem with my nickname, and I learned that I need to use my real name and I changed but now I cannot use my money please help me I want to but connects for new jobs.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Ahmed Enes B Community Member

I am waiting for 1 day. Please help. I want to buy connect with my money that I earned. Please I want to take job.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ahmed,

I checked your account and I can see that you're communicating with our team on your ticket. Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Ajayaghosh A Community Member

Hello,

I couldn't buy connect  using my Paypal account an

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Ajayaghosh,

In many cases, PayPal could be used for purchasing Connects. Click here to see the options available to you. Please check this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Ogulcan O Community Member

I'm unable to buy connects since the "Save" button does not do anything. In the page below I choose the amount of connects I want to buy, and then I click on the "Buy Connects" button, in the sidebar I choose card payment and fill the inputs with my credit card information. When I click on the "Save" button nothing happens. I have tried to buy connects for 15-20 times but the page does not work!

https://www.upwork.com/nx/plans/connects/buy

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ogulcan,

I'd like to point out that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as "recurring". You may want to contact your card-issuing bank to confirm they allow recurring transactions or use any other of the available billing methods. If the problem persists, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Joshua O Community Member

Hello Joanne.
I'm trying to add my Visa card as a billing method but, I keep getting we are unable to authorize your card. Please help😣
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Joshua,

Some card-issuing banks restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as "recurring". Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods. 

~ Luiggi
Ashish D Community Member

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members