🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Thank you for the reply. Will you be creating the support ticket on my behalf and CC me or should I create it?

If I should create it, please do give me instructions as to how because I'm new at Upwork.

Much appreciated.

Hi Nishanth,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
digi_ravi
Community Member

Hi support team, 

I am new freelancer on upwork, i had 20 free connects which i had finished recently. I had been trying to buy new connects but unable to buy as my payment is getting declined even after adding multiple payment methods using debit cards Master card, Visa or pay pal account. 

Kindly help me to add payment and buy new connects on upwork to apply on new jobs!

I have here attached screenshots for your reference

Thanks,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Raviindra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
beshoy-fares
Community Member

I Add paypal payment method and it is fail to process . i try buy connect but i have error paypal charge fail 

Hi Beshoy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aimen_siddiqui
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects using my HBL Debit card (Same through which I get paid from Upwork), but Upwork is not accepting this card. I have tried twice and it suspends my account after rejecting this card.  Please guide me how can I buy connects using my debit card?

Best
Aimen S.

Hi Aimen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
martin_rajkovic
Community Member

Hi,

I have added my VISA card to buy connects.

But when I tried to buy, the payment is declined.

I have tried with my Discover card but also declined.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thank you

Hi Martin, 

I checked the transactions you are referring to and can see that the bank declined the transactions from Upwork. Please contact your local bank for more information on why this transaction was declined.

~ Avery
Upwork
krassawa
Community Member

Hello. Please help my, i can't buy connects, i don't know why, i'm added 3 master cards for payment connects, but when i push button on payment i received some error, Could you please check my problem
Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Timur,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
gustavo-reimers
Community Member

Hi, Upwork community. I had issue to buy connections. I added mastercard as billing method and buy connections once before. When I try to buy connections again yesterday, it was failed because payment was declined. I tried on other browsers as well but it also failed. I need to buy connections and submit proposals so please help me with this issue urgently. Thanks

funkewoe
Community Member

Please, I have been struggling to buy connects using my local bank issued MasterCard debit card. I have used same card to make payment on ther other marketplaces in the past and it worked well.

I have run out of connects now and want to also upgrade my membership. I do not have any balance in my account. I need to urgently buy connects so I can continue applying for jobs.

It is very urgent...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Felix E.K. and Gustavo.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
roohashaykh
Community Member

I am trying to make a payment from my card however you guys are not accepting it. I contacted my bank and they said my card is working fine but the transaction is going pending from your side. I was trying to buy just the connects.

Hi Rooha,

~ Goran
Upwork
shivanisoman
Community Member

i am unable to make payment for buying connects using my debit card it displays"We are unable to authorize your card" please help me

Hi Shivani,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
baljinder_rana
Community Member

I'm facing  Issue in Switching from Basic to Plus membership. Payment Failure Issue. Even though everything is correct. My Card n Other Details are fully correct.

Hi Baljinder,

Our team will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
andrewsstarwin
Community Member

I am having problems with buying connects and upgrading membership. I have used Master card Debit Card as well as Paypal but it is showing only failed for several times.

Hi Andrews,

~ Goran
Upwork
totalimage
Community Member

I forgot to leave enough cash in my card account (that's linked to my paypal) for the subscription and now when i try to activate freelancer+ i get the following error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." Is there something wrong with the connection betweem upwork and paypal or?

Hi Florin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You know....for all the money that upwork keeps from each contract....a simple "hey people, this is what's up, and we're working on it" is the least possible effort geared towards the hundreds of thousands of users. 

yahuma
Community Member

I've not been able to buy connects and it's frustrating. I want to buy directly from papal to upwork but it still asks that I link my card. Please help to sort this as i'm not using any bank account hence no card to be linked.

Hi Michelle,

Please note before you can add PayPal as a billing method, it must be verified or you need to link it to a debit or credit card. Kindly reach out to PayPal directly to ask for assistance on how to verify your PayPal account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
yahuma
Community Member

Please, can upwork provide the option to buy connects via MPESA?

I've not been able to buy connects and it's frustrating because I now cannot send any proposals. 

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, MPESA can't be used to purchase Connects. Purchasing Connects can vary based on your location, but you should be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, check out this page. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ranit-majumder
Community Member

My account is active or not. My profile is not active? I need to know, I can't make payment

Hi Ranit,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there!

I have been trying to use Paypal and Visa for my payments to by more connects, but both of them are declined. Kindly reach out for assistance.

Regards,

Krishanu S.

Hi Krishanu,

Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. Regarding your other method, please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

Both my payment methods are verified. I live in India and my bank account
is Indian, is it relevant?
Kindly help me out here.

Thanks.

Hi Krishanu,

While the availability of billing methods depend on a user’s location, user’s from India can add their debit/credit cards as a billing method on Upwork, but the card itself should allow recurring transactions as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’ (for example, for membership fees).

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
apriliaaa
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to buy 10 connects using only Paypal, however, it always directed me to credit card info after clicking the paypal button. Even when I tried to set up a billing method, it still leads me to that credit card info. How can i only buy connects using Paypal without leading me to credit card info?

Hi Aprilia,

Please note before you can add PayPal as a billing method, it must be verified or you need to link it to a debit or credit card. Kindly reach out to PayPal directly to ask for assistance on how to verify your PayPal account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
804f9e8e
Community Member

unable to buy connects already added varified paypal

Hi Dhiren,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members