🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
183afe05
Community Member

hello we all freelancers are facing an issue regarding to buy nnew connects and facing a problem and can not buy the connects when this issue will be solved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Husnain and Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with setting up your billing methods.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lazarmihajlovic7
Community Member

Hello,

Can someone help me? I have a little problem with buying connects. I updated my payment method and verifyed everything but still they say "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

I have no other card, so i have to find a solution on this one.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Lazar Mihajlovic

Hi Lazar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
005543b7
Community Member

Hello! Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. I've tried using different Visa Cards and also contacted the bank of the problem. Everything is okay from the bank. But I'm still having the same issue. Can't able to buy my connects till now. I am having the problem, when I add my billing method and try to buy connects, it keeps rejecting my payment. Kindly resolve my issue.

Hi Muneeb,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with setting up a billing method and purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

zaidi-hussain
Community Member

I have entered my card details but its not accepting payments. It ask me to use alternate payment method. 

Even though my bank deducts the payment and refund it back to me. 

I have attached the screenshot of the messages which i received from my bank. please any one check it out and help me out.  Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hussain,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c107e199
Community Member

I successfully added paypal to my account we're my atm is link and has enough funds to buy a membership but why is it that I tried to upgrade my account membership from basic to plus but it's declining? Please do check it

Hi Daisy,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rvnnaveed27
Community Member

I wanted to buy connects using credit card with my Upwork profile,So when I tried to purchase connects it says that " We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.Any solution?

Hi Muhammad,

I would recommend checking with your bank, if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I contacted my bank and they confirmed that international payment services is active on my card and there is no issues regarding my card and I have done purchasing online from my debit card before and it works fine.Can you please help ?

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with setting a billing method and purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tufail949
Community Member

sorry for posting here as try to message you but html issue appear.

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank."

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Dear friend,

tufail949
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank."

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pageshapers
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects using my Bank Debit card. but Upwork is not accepting this card. I have tried twice and it suspends my account after rejecting this card. Please guide me how can I buy connects using my debit card?

Hi Khemraj,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sagar_official
Community Member

I'm Unable to add my Visa card for billing methods. After put all the information of payment card, the option given "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."  So, i cant buy connects. Pls help me. 

Hi Sagarmoy,

Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the payment. You can double-check with your bank about this or add another billing method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks a lot Mr. Bojan.

I will conduct to my Bank for details to know about my Card.. 

Thank you,

nasirbtechnology
Community Member

I added master card payment method and bought many courses in USD at other websites, but when i add billing method with same MasterCard this error occurs Your payment could not be processed"

Hi Hammad,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the payment. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I already purchase courses from another sites in USD dollar and have
sufficient funds

Hi Hammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rao_graphiczz
Community Member

I am facing same issue cannot buy connects using visa card. pleaee help

Hi Rao,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mh_vasim
Community Member

<p>I want to buy connects to make proposals, but My cards are not working with your system. I have a PayPal account. Please let me know how to send the money to you. Please solve the issue asap. Thanks!</p>

Please email me your answer at this Gmail ID - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hassan,

In order to be able to add your PayPal account as a billing method, you will need to have a verified account. 
I would suggest checking with your bank if your accounts are enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There are asking me - Your PayPal account should have credit to automatic charge with this merchant (UpWork.) But I have not a Credit Card. Now please tell me what to do? Give me a valid and working solution. Thanks!

Hi Hassan,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I could not get the solution. I fixed everything. Still, I'm unable to purchase the connects. I used my card in the international transaction but it is not working here. I tried to apply via PayPal but it needs Credit Card which I have not. I commented here third times. I'm looking for a solution. Please, let me know how to make the payments. My days are passing on this issue. Please give me a solid solution. Everything working well from my side. Thanks.

I hope you do this asap.

Hi Hassan,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with purchasing Connects. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

nouman_adil
Community Member

I want to upgrade my membership plan. I have added my visa debit card info for payment. But it declines the payment. I have been using this card for Ali express payments etc. They also debited the amount from my account as well for verification purposes may be. But the website displays an error saying payment declined. Can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance

I also tried using incognito mode as well, But it did not work as well.

Hi Nouman,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members