🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » can a freelancer close a contract
Page options
i_zorina
Community Member

can a freelancer close a contract

Hello. I have an active contract, but the milestone is complete and paid for by the client. The client says that he has no job for me yet. The cliend does not respond to my request to close the contract. Will it affect my rating if I close the contract myself? This was my first upwork job. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Iryna Z wrote:

The cliend does not respond to my request to close the contract. 

Close it yourself, but not yet!!

Iryna Z wrote:

Will it affect my rating if I close the contract myself? 

No, it will not.

BUT - if you are sure the contract went great, there is no rush at all. The client almost always leaves feedback. Good feedback helps you on your Upwork journey.

i_zorina
Community Member

How long should you wait? When should close it myself?

Everything went well, the client wrote to me about this in a message to the upwork. Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Iryna Z wrote:

How long should you wait? When should close it myself?

I'd wait a couple of weeks at least. It's doing no harm.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Iryna Z wrote:

Hello. I have an active contract, but the milestone is complete and paid for by the client. The client says that he has no job for me yet. The cliend does not respond to my request to close the contract. Will it affect my rating if I close the contract myself? This was my first upwork job. Thanks

If you close it yourself, you will most likely not get feedback from this client. Leave it open until you have a few more. It does not look great if your first contract is without feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members