🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » canceling a milestone
Page options
nelmaff
Community Member

canceling a milestone

Hi!

I completed two milestones successfully and the client was happy with them. He was paying me a very small amount, however, and had said in his project description that he would pay more for more experienced writers. 

After he put up the third milestone, I asked him very politely if he could possibly pay me more (I mentioned a specific rate), and he said he couldn't afford that now and that he would understand if I didn't want to continue.

I told him I probably shouldn't continue and he asked me to decline the milestone. I couldn't find anywhere to do this. Can you help me with this?

I'm also wondering if I'm able to cancel the milestone, if this will affect my JSS.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Nancy,

To return the funds in Escrow you'll need to end the contract. Returning these funds will have no impact on your JSS on its own. Any effect on your JSS will depend on the client's feedback if they leave any.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Nancy,

To return the funds in Escrow you'll need to end the contract. Returning these funds will have no impact on your JSS on its own. Any effect on your JSS will depend on the client's feedback if they leave any.

~Andrea
Upwork
nelmaff
Community Member

I followed your instructions, ended the contract, and refunded the money the client had put in escrow.

Thank you very much!

N

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members